The Family

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
Marchypes
Now we're getting somewhere...

The Family

Post by Marchypes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:31 am

I'm not sure if you can call what I'm doing living. It's mostly just me going through the motions. I'm just trying to forget what happened to me. What they did to me and my crew. I'll never forget or forgive what they did.

It was just a typical mission. Find suitable farmland to further our reach into the area. All was going fine until we ran into them. It started at night. Johnson was taking first watch. I awoke to gunfire. Johnson was screaming as I scrabbled to put pants on. Running out of my tent gripping my sidearm, the gunfire had stopped. The screaming of Johnson had become distant and harder to identify the direction. I yelled for my men to gather their weapons and chase after whatever had gotten Johnson. We tracked after Johnson, yelling for signs of his location. Only 2 minutes after leaving the camp, we found out what we were up against. Thompson was leading the way when the ground irrupted and a net hoisted him into the trees. His yelling was short lived as we heard a thuwak and blood rained down. From nearby bushes, arrows shot out and hit me.
Must have been poisoned cause the next thing I see is a uuuglly sucker looking me over. My hands are tied and blood is dripping from my brow. I look to my left and I see the rest of my men tied in a similar fashion. A table covered with blood and knives sat in front of me and my men. The ugly guy walked over to the table and picked something up off it. Walking back over to me he wore a toothy grin. He showed me what he had picked up. Johnson's and Thomson's heads stared at me. Their eyes and tongues were cut out. I couldn't hold back my stomach and vomited over myself. The ugly man laughed and pointed at each of my men. He took his thumb and drew it across his throat.
I watched as days passed and my men were slowing killed and cooked in front of me. What happened to me I will not repeat. This man dragged me away and violated me. I survived weeks after all my men had been killed. The memory of my escape is completely gone to me. The next complete memory I have is that of waking up in a Shield bed.

Lt. Rebecca James

The Family is a collection of relatives that, having survived the Event, ran out of supplies. They have since turned to cannibalism. Using very little technology The Family relies on stealth and traps to capture most of their prey. Most weapons they do have are low tech, knives and bows, but the privileged few are given the captured weapons and armor of their meals.

This my idea for a faction. Any suggestions/criticisms are welcome.

rotunda
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: The Family

Post by rotunda » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 am

I'm sorry but a family, even a large family, doesn't seem large enough to constitue a faction. I mean maximum unless they were breeding like crazy, they would have about 30 people.

Marchypes
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Marchypes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:51 am

I was thinking of them like the family from The Hills Have Eyes. They capture females and reproduce using them. Besides if Jon and Kate can have 8 kids why not post-apocalyptic families too :D

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:45 am

cool idea but seems more of a unit or squad choice.

jackmrnorris94
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:54 am

isnt the family already some sort of vampire group in fallout 3. :?