Kessler City Fighters

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
rotunda
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Kessler City Fighters

Post by rotunda » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 pm

The Kessler City Fighters originated as a group of random people living in the underbelly of society.

After the event they fled to the deepest corners of their respective cities hoping to gain some rule in the shattered remains of the world. A man named Jack Kessler started as the leader of a chain gang in New York City. When the event happened and part of New York City was submerged, Jack rounded up his gang and several allies.

They took weapons from people's residencies, home defense weapons like handguns or shotguns. Using these they recruited rival gangs as well. With a gang suited to expand his territory, Jack began to round up vagrants with the promises of high places in his new government, the Kessler Republic.

With his army growing every step of the way, he eventually decided to lay down his territory and claim the entirety of New York. He had so far only been able to capture about half of New York, but that was about to change. Using homemade armor and weapons, as well as weapons made before the event, he declared war on all other gangs, wiping them out easily.

In place of New York City came Kessler City. A city made mostly of chain fences, plywood, and sheet metal. Kessler wasn't satisfied. After consulting his council, they agreed they would split the army of Kessler City into 10 parts, leaving 2 behind to defend the women and children of the city.

With the knowledge of cities and guerilla tactics, the Kessler army goes to cities around the globe, looking for more recruits and putting settlements up.

The Kesslers fight using Guerilla tactics and blitzkrieg movements studied from old WW2 books.

They operate by gathering heavier weapons such as chainguns, miniguns, and heavy machine guns near the front, and close in with mid to close range weapons in the middle. Using these tactics eventually they close in on all sides, obliterating the opponent with ferocious close combat attacks.

The Kesslers main ideas right now are to expand. Tanks and assault vehicles are rare, though home-made transports like big rig trucks are used extensively. City buses are also used as mobile fortresses through heavier firepower.

C&C?

worldmuncher
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: Kessler City Fighters

Post by worldmuncher » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:00 pm

its a good idea
a nice background

but i think the vehicles would make it a lil unbalanced, cuz its a skirmish type game what are you gonna use to take out a bus or truck?
nids-wip
lizmen-wip

rotunda

Post by rotunda » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:05 pm

that was pretty much part of the fluff, they don't have to be included. But I think a heavy machine gun or a rocket launcher could take one out.

worldmuncher
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by worldmuncher » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:07 pm

yea ok i understand now, thats just there way of getting around

i mean i guess if you have 8 armies moving around they need to move them somehow
nids-wip
lizmen-wip

Damn Lucky
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Damn Lucky » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:17 pm

I like your fluff.

Sort of like a 1930's gangster/Mob/"Family" feel to it.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 pm

PSST! Miniguns and chainguns are pretty much the same thing. (Ironically, miniguns are in no way small for a man portable weapon.)

rotunda

Post by rotunda » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 pm

I didn't mean it like that. I meant they focus on a heavier volume of firepower in the front with the heavy machine guns and such, and stuff like shotguns and rifles on the sides.

rotunda

Post by rotunda » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:11 am

The Hierarchy of the Kessler Republic

In the Kessler republic, as most know, the event happened many, many years ago. the original creator, Jack Kessler, now sits in the central building of New York City, the capital of the republic. Of the original chain gang he built the republic with, out of 46, 36 are dead. 23 died in gang fights and conquests, and 13 died from old age.

The other ten, including jack, now live in the fortress building of the republic where they construct plans and move their armies. They are known as "The Family." They also manage politics within the republic, and take out rebels within it.

Below them are their sons and leaders of former gangs. They command their armies from the front lines, and are generally the most protected, though their mentality is only cowardly leaders lead from the back.

Below them is the lieutenants of the army. They lead 100 man platoons, generally made up of 10 people in a squad. They choose to lead in elite fighter squads and try to be the spearhead of their platoons.

In the 10 man squads there are the sergeants who command only their 9 subordinates. They generally are armed with hatchets, chains, or crude swords. They also usually hold a pistol with their weapon.

The lowest is the soldiers, made up of the most recently recruited. They are the homeless and the lowest of the gangs they were taken from.

Return to “Faction Ideas”