It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Molemen
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
How about a race of humanoids that were trapped under the earth and exposed to radiation that caused them to mutate into Mole people? All their weapons would be modified mining tools (think the big hand-drills from Bioshock).

Post subject: Re: The Molemen
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:57 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Molemen?? Sounds good but obviously one would be called a Moleman... Pedro if you read this..... LOL!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #4
WHAT RADIATION?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have Flesh Tearers.

And Lizardmen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:33 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

There is lots of radioactivity WAY down in the earth, but way too far down for anything to survive

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Orkey Shoota Boy wrote:

lol I have to agree with you Orkey. Seriously guys, people who want to submit these ideas should read the fluff thats Matt has put out.

1. There was no radiation.
2. There are NO mutants. None. (Not including the small amount of semi-mutated animals used by some of the factions. But those are all.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:56 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Fine, douchebags. Instead of radiation, let's say they were exposed to extreme levels of pollution that caused the whole underground society to develop adverse health effects. To counteract their physical shortcomings due to their sickness, they invent equipment to help them keep working. The basic workmen have their limbs replaced with tools such as jackhammers, massive drills, saws, or equipment to fire seismic charges into solid rock. The less sickly are able to drive vehicles such as tunnel borers (like the Hades Breaching Drill), steamrollers, bulldozers, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:11 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

i can see a group of people who still mine and perhaps trade minerals with other settlements... there for they fight for themselves with equipment they have at hand. finding old or lost technology for digging and reusing it to their advantage for suvival. i don't knwo if we can consider them non-human... but if we end up up having sky pirates, why not an band of fighting miners?

Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:50 pm 

There. I even drawed you a picture. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:33 am 

My deepest apologies for the double post, but I saw this on zuzu's thread and thought it was a cracker-jack idea.

Faction Name: Terra Core Miners

Faction Species: Modified Human

Faction Pros: Good CC skills, good armour, Access to machinery.

Faction Cons: Very slow, no snipers

Faction Bio:
For many years, there has been a group of humans living beneath the surface of the earth, unknown to most of the surface population. Here the Terra Core Miners toiled away, harvesting the resources of the world in order to build their huge underground cities. However, the very earth they toiled away in was tainted, and as a result, their entire race was plagued with eternal sickness and frailty. All activity of the Mine people halted for years as workers became sick and perished. The Mine people, having very little knowledge of Medicine and Science, took to trading with select few surface races, and thus obtained prosthetic organs to keep their workers alive. Soon, the Miners took to adapting the prosthetics to their own liking, amalgamating the tools of their trades directly into their new artificial limbs. New tools were developed, from Powershovels to the Cavity Cannons, which could deliver a seismic charge from a safe distance, reducing even the most stubborn boulders to finest sand. Even more beneficial to the Mine people was learning to build vehicles to aide in their work. Drill Dozers and Tunnel Trucks were produced en masse. Soon work resumed as never before for the Terra Core Miners.
However, all work would prove to be in vain after The Event. The vast majority of the Miners were wiped out during The Event, and the entirety of their civilization lost beneath an infinity of rubble. Now, the Mine people must try to eke out a survival amongst the surfacers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Orkey Shoota Boy wrote:

maybe he did not read the back story

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:14 pm 

You are a twit of the highest caliber.