What about the moon? (possible faction)

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
Damn Lucky
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: What about the moon? (possible faction)

Post by Damn Lucky » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:26 pm

This might be abit dark but...

What if EMP waves destroyed most of the moon bases but left a few in tack. Specifically. Chinese moon bases.

Now thows Chinese moon bases are consistently broad casting S.O.S. transmissions. Well there are fully self sustainable and the 500+ men and women stationed in the complex can go on indeffently. They are left desperately trying to find out if any one on earth survived.

Now. What if the only people with radios bothering to listening to them are the Non Chinese speaking Galagidos?

XD

Yes. Dark. But would be a funny bit of fluff.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:23 am

You can't weaken gravity. It's based on mass and distance.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

DooldeenBoosh
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by DooldeenBoosh » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:01 am

Yeah you are right about that. I`m pretty sure tha moon would still in be place also, they could have creeated engines on the darkside off the Moon to stabilise its course, we ent trhough a technological renesaince, everything is possible...well was until the Event.

Thecrazydwarf
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #7

Post by Thecrazydwarf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:20 am

Sounds great! I love how somebody actually had a use for the moon!
All my posts are written on my ipod touch.
The eleventh commandment: go, and make terrain!
"When in doubt, attack." - General George Patton

dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by dingpong » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:22 pm

DracoAvian wrote:You can't weaken gravity. It's based on mass and distance.
a couple meteorites hit the moon causing it to drift away faster then normal
480 - Space Marines (i'm nooby i know)
Welcome To Pwnation
http://www.youtube.com/shadowmarinearmy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:39 am

Just prior to the event, scientists discovered the moon really *was* made of cheese... all of that rock is really just a thick crust. Needless to say, the moon was mined hollow by the Global Space Dairy Guild, and what remained soon collapsed on itself. The resulting changes in tidal behaviour are in fact what triggered the Event.

<.<

No, you shouldn't believe any of that.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:41 am

lmfao :mrgreen: :lol: :D

DooldeenBoosh
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by DooldeenBoosh » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:48 am

That would be a possible explanation for the main story, but than the Moon fation would hve to be made up of Cheese people.

dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by dingpong » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:40 am

Then the mutants could use them as a main food source
but the cheese people have dairy gunz suck on 25% fat milk beotch!
Welcome To Pwnation
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Dingpong, NO MUTANTS! GRRR! :P

Make your own, post the rules. MWG won't make them. If you want them then you'll have to make them.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by dingpong » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:23 pm

first off i was joking and second Do you have MWG's permission to represent their opinions? (im a real beotch about creditting and copyrights and stuff like that)
Welcome To Pwnation

Tau+One
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Tau+One » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Who doesn't love the cheese people?
my moon fluff
Ok so a major corporation called Moon corp. owns the moon (or at least all the bases up there) and they are a general maufacturing company so they have everything. Now a couple days before the event is about to rear its earth devestating head one Moon corp scientist discovers what will happen and tells his boss. this news travels the corperate ladder till the CEO of Moon corp hears it. Being an evil selfish maniac or not fully understanding the situation he packs up the earth part of the company and heads for the moon for refuge without telling anyone about the coming apoclype. Up on the moon the Moon corp has every thing they need with sastianable greenhouse crops and enough non-renewable resorces to last them about a century. now Moon corp told all of its empolyees that they would return to earth after the storm (calling it a storm because they thought it wouldn't do the amount of damage that the Event actually did) but the scientist that predicted the Event spread the word of what was actually happening and after scouting reports proved him right the emplyees began a revolution against the company. After the revolution the bases became more of a country than a company. But once their century of resorces was up they must return to the ruins that was earth and discover what the rest of their race a suffered

I agree with the good armor good guns bad at CC at the models should be taller than normal humans because their exposure to lower gravity.
Tau:
Railguns = BOOM
^^
V
Bork'an's Frozen Steel Tau~1200pt
Boss Gorsashz Lot~1?00pt

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 pm

I was reading this threat to the post where it was said "the EMP destroyed base" and "Moon was loosing gravity"

Now...
If you want your world to live, you must have moon around it else tides would be ustable, birds and animals would be disoriented, earthquakes, volcanos... the Earth would be quite wild and unhabitable place without the stabilisation gravity force of the moon.

I ensure you, moon is needed!!

The issue for "Lunar fraction/s" is this!
Human bones, and muscles weaken in low gravity.
This is why they don't go to Earth so often cause they have adapted to Moons gravity [if they do, they'd be as fragile as flowers]

Only special units that are under constant hard physical trainings may enter Earth by space ships. Take what they need if they need anything or fight to unite mankind.

Food water etc. etc.
Biodomes! it's perfect solution for everything.

Technology is an issue cause i don't believe they had all their knowledge on the moon... so this is one more reason for "lunar people" to come to Earth. They need their technological knowledge back in order to survive.
Knowledge of energy, life supporting systems, advanced medicine, genetics etc etc etc.
They are few, better geared! than those on Earth but rare and come to planet only in dire need.

Or if you want them to unite back humanity for higher purpose or to destory the wretched fools that almost brought the Earth to an end and to do something they want to: create from planet an entire crop growing eco-system or start new civilisation and spread to the universe.

Those on Earth are divided concerning them.
One see them as hope, other see them as threat while some are neutral just trying to survive.

etc. etc.
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Phatty
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Phatty » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:55 pm

first post woot!!

anyway as i read this i just noticed a couple of things that were scientificly wrong. the first thing was the moon moving farther away from the earth. someone did point out that it is moving away alittle and they were right. there is no way an EMP blast could move the moon since it is just a light wave. and for a meteor to move the moon it would be a) huge and b) destroy everything on the surface. back to the the EMP thing. any structures on the moon would have to be built to withstand those because ALL of the moon is hit by magnetic storms not just the dark side of the moon.

on a more creative side i would have never thought to include the moon and its a great idea. the people on the moon may have a stature close to Orks because they cannot support their taller bodies on earth's gravity. and to solve the problem of getting stuff (supplies/food/people) into orbit by using a space lift. that is just a very, very, very long/strong rope that goes from the surface to orbit (held up by a huge counter weight in orbit).

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:57 pm

First post? Did something bad happen? Good ideas!