It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Actually, that isn't as silly as it sounds. What if that priest army floating around in one of the posts thought it was a message of god. Perfect link.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:50 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Perhaps instead of a world superpower funding the operation on the moon it was a private company. They would be entirely self-sufficient to cut on shipping and handling fees. They would be returning to earth for an unknown reason.

Their technology would've/could've had some for of EMP shielding. They might look alien tech-wise because of the separation of the years. Their tech wouldn't necessarily be better, just different.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:52 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Or maybe they only started to return to the Moon "recently" becaus e the magnitude of the EMP damaged their equipment, which took time to repair, or they just wanted to be able to decend safely without disturbance of bio storms, or they maybe became desperate to replace resources that can`t be found on the Moon.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:41 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

how bout this
As the EMP waves were destroying most of the equipment on the Moon, the far, dark side retained its precious technology but after a few days after The Event ended they realized that their beloved moon was spinning abnormally and was starting to drift away from Earth. Most went back down to Earth but some wanted to stay and avoid the mass chaos on Earth. Those who went down brought the food that they grew on the moon, some bandit gangs who discovered their civilization attempted to raid it but the superior technology of the Moon-people* destroyed them. They soon noticed the peaceful survivors and sent out bands of soldiers to scout for those civilizations.
*Name subject to change

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:16 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

You could call them "The Angles" or "The Guardians ".

The idea is it's a Nick Name other survivors gave them. This is due to the fact when maby survivors see them for the 1st time, and see the priestien and sterile white uniforms people have mistook them for Angles, Ghosts, and other spiritual creations.

The idea is they could be, the opposites of my Airship Pirate Ronin. Well the Ronin spread fear and terror were ever they go, the Guardians are a glimmer of hope in the chaos of the new world order.

The Guardians would not give there valuable tec away willy nilly. But they would help set up self sustainable settlements under there super vision. And help set up factories to process food, make proper clothing, and manufacture weapons. (But of course the best weapons such as lazer rifles they keep to them selfs.)

Because of this Settlement under Guardian super vision resemble Pre-event life the most, and makes them prime targets for other factions to try and pillage.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:51 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Me likes. But the bit about the moon drifting away is a bit...implausible.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Accualy. Even as we speak the moon is slowly driffting away.

Millians of years ago before the 1st creatures crawled out of the sea. The moon was so close that it filled the whole night sky! They realized this by studying ancient sediment deposits from river beds. Due to the moon being so close the tides were HUGE because of the gravity. They were so dramatic during that time, that even rivers would have a tide!

But over the millions of years it has slowly diffrent away.

One day in the FAR future the moon WILL drift away. And every year the moon is a few decimal points of a MM further away.
=o

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

But would a bunch of storms give off enough energy to push the moon into drifting fast enough that evacuation was required?

(And TBH the moon being that close sounds like a loud of bull, can't beleive everything you see on TV dude)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:32 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Dude. Multiply .5 mm by 15 billion years or so. It may seem implausible but it took ages to move that far.

Anyways, enough energy to move the moon. Thats a dumptruck load of energy.

I think it would be better if the purpose of them returning to earth should be a closely guarded secret. It makes them more mysterious. They could help you out then turn around and kill you. I think the more alien you make them the better.

As far as tech goes... I think it should look like Tau mixed with a healthy dose of human. I think their armor should look like Imperial Stormtrooper (Star Wars) and Quarian (Mass Effect).

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:39 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

How in the bloody hell did they come up with that figure any ho-

You know what, doesn't matter, point is, me likes the faction, looking forward to seeing if it's implamented.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:49 pm 

Agreed. It doesn't matter why they returned, only that they returned.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:12 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ok, if there was an EMP would it be contained to the atmosphere because solar flares can cause electrical interference and if this was the case all the ships on the moon could have been disabled. I think for now they should be associated with a faction, like the tribes listening to them on the radio, instead of being a seperate faction. Yet i think it would be a good thing for an expansion. If we hadnt found out how to travel faster than light in this game, then their probally wont be that many people on the moon. I think the moon should have been affected, not drifting away. Metorites! metorites f-ed up the moon!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 am 

Its been said before, but the facilities on the opposite side of the moon would have been shielded by the moon itself. The lack of an atmosphere wouldn't allow the radiation to be dispersed throughout the area. With that said about two-thirds of the facilities on the moon would be utterly destroyed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:33 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Also there is the possibility that they had a struggle for food and other materials and this further decreased their numbers. I`m pretty sure by this time they would have solved the problem of asteroids, all they needed is a big gun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

wow my story drew a lot of attention but it isnt set in stone and plus MWG hasnt even approved the idea so the story can change a lot. but maybe all the EMPs weakened the Earths gravity so its moving back even faster than usual

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next