What about the moon? (possible faction)

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
DooldeenBoosh
MiniWarGaming Beginner

What about the moon? (possible faction)

Post by DooldeenBoosh » Fri May 29, 2009 2:12 pm

The "head" said that humans could reach the moon but not beyond. So what happened with the moon. The most likely possibility would be a system of research labs, or even a tiny colony, but not great in size because the problem of gravititaional difference can`t be solved on a non-artificial satelite.

So the people here would have gone trhough the whole event unsratched other than the fact that their supplies are running low. So once the event is over they are in an advatagious position compared to the survivers, other than the fact that their bodies must have degenerated over the time spent away from earth.

They would possibly see it as their destiny to unify earth`s people, by all means. Their epquipment and their omnicient view of the planet would be to their advantage.
The planets already existing micro civilasition`s self determindedness, the presents of bandits, their own numbers, and their physical deformations, also their isolation,would stop them from achieveing this outright. So it would become their Unification Crusade.

This might sound all noble and heroic but looking at it from the otherside, these posh pansies been sitting up top, living their own lives, while billions died on earth, and now that the place is safe to decend to they want to come back and live like kings and queens having the reall survivors as their servants.

What your thoughts about the Moon?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: What about the moon? (possible faction)

Post by miniwargaming » Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 pm

I like the idea of a colony on the moon. They would probably be somewhat self-sustained but also dependent on deliveries from earth.

This would lend itself very well to an expansion, but it could work as a faction as well.

Matthew

DooldeenBoosh
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by DooldeenBoosh » Fri May 29, 2009 2:29 pm

Thanks for the possitive reply.
They would either become "saviours" or "defilers" of the micro colonies depending how they wish to resupply themselves.

Armageddon
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Armageddon » Fri May 29, 2009 4:23 pm

i think they would be kind to the 'lesser advanced' humans below them, and then you could have a cult that wants to destroy the humans still on earth and make the human race 'pure' or something?

Armageddon.
A good friend helps you up when you tip over, A best friend laughs and trips you up again :D
CPP wrote:Go full scale. :wink:
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

sanandraes
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by sanandraes » Fri May 29, 2009 6:39 pm

Just an idea. The colony(ies) would probably have some reliance on some sort of supply from earth, and after the event (if it's important) it becomes scarce, or nonexistent, and they begin splitting into "moon factions" or something and warring with each other. Maybe if it's really important they loose their tech also, which is why none of them have sent any people down?
Necrons: too few to count

With all the people still listening to "real music", I'm positive that 92% is just a wee bitty wrong.

The spelling you must look upon... Then understanding you shall have.

-DavicusPrime

Navykaratejoe

Post by Navykaratejoe » Fri May 29, 2009 7:02 pm

The only roadblock that I could see is how are these people/things getting to the earth. Solve that with fluff and I don't see why they could not be a faction. The only idea I have for this faction is what is going to be their special niche that is going to separate them from the marine or bandit faction?

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Fri May 29, 2009 7:11 pm

just thiking wasnt their a mention apout emp waves/stuff hapening with gravity

mabey they had to leav the moon as it was starting to lose its orbit around earth

DooldeenBoosh
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by DooldeenBoosh » Sat May 30, 2009 12:20 am

I`m pretty sure humans would have solved the problem of Moon leaving its orbit. And because there was a cold war before the Event the "colonies" on the moon would already been split up into nations racing against each other. By the time of the Event spaceships which were able to renter the atmosphere and leave it again must have been supplied to these colonies for cases of emergencies.

The way they would be different from bandits and all the others is their unscratched hightech epquipment, while others would use old and scavanged weapons or ones created by a damaged factory, the MoonPeople would use ones that were created by themselves or predating the Event but kept in good condition. Because of their physical degeneration they would rely on their armour to maintain their bodily strenght and enhance it. This would mean they have really good armor and weponary along with all kind of forgotten gizmos but probably would stand intense melee situations as even their hearts could not stand that kind of stress anymore.

blackvaultz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by blackvaultz » Sat May 30, 2009 9:51 am

hrm that sounds pretty cool i think if they make that ill play them
THE CAKE IS A LIE

Cyber_Spud
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Cyber_Spud » Sat May 30, 2009 10:19 am

Smoke grenades could be highly poisonous MOONDUST!

sanandraes

Post by sanandraes » Sat May 30, 2009 10:56 am

So they'd almost be the Tau (dans the armor of course) of PH. :D
Necrons: too few to count

With all the people still listening to "real music", I'm positive that 92% is just a wee bitty wrong.

The spelling you must look upon... Then understanding you shall have.

-DavicusPrime

DooldeenBoosh
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by DooldeenBoosh » Sat May 30, 2009 11:27 am

Also there is a posibility that they won`t be able to breath Earth atmosphere due to the changes it gone trhoug in the last centuries after and duriong the event. As the atmosphere change on earth the air was kept the same in the havily controlled enviroment of the moon outposts. This makes them dependent on rebreathers while on earth. Making the locals more hostile towards them as they look more alien, inhuman.

Cyber_Spud
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Cyber_Spud » Sat May 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Hmm, just an idea. Maybe the moon people, once per game can do something similar to orbital bombardment in 40K. A missile is launched from the moon and it arrives on a game turn decided by a dice roll (Not sure the average game turn amount).
I mean i'm sure they have plenty of that stuff on a moon base :P
Maybe a giant magnifying glass could burn the crap out of everyone XD
Oh, and maybe the moon people need to go back to earth because the moons orbit was going to go off course because of the drastic changes on the earths surface.
Just a few ideas

CptKracker
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by CptKracker » Sun May 31, 2009 2:48 am

I asked about a moon base a couple weeks ago, but im glad it was a good idea :mrgreen:

CptKracker
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by CptKracker » Sun May 31, 2009 3:07 am

What if said moon base was sending out messages and the trides found a radio...the radio could be telling them the word of "god" :D
ALL HAIL RADIO!