What about the moon? (possible faction)

Got an idea for a cool Primal Horizon faction? Post it here!
locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: What about the moon? (possible faction)

Post by locbot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:32 pm

My theorie.

This incorperates a bunch of once mentioned and my own.

Moon corp. all happy happy w/ earth.

Apocolypse happens.

Moon corp relieses and is like crap that sucks.

Survivors on earth find the radio to talk to Moon corp.

Moon corp says hang tight we'll send some badasses to rescue you.

Moon corp dudes land on earth and are attacked by all the crap that's been happening (ie. Bandits Biostorms mutant puppies ext.).

Moon corp's think everything is infected and all humans are a bunch of lunatics.

The big cheese of Moon corp (haha i made a funny) tells the guys on earth to blow the crap out of everything.

They proceed.

It's that simple.
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:30 am

Simple, elegant, touch of death. I like it. +1 to you sir!
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

DooldeenBoosh
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by DooldeenBoosh » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:03 pm

I likew the idea of "earthlings got spoiled, lets finished the job" idea, BUT blowing up the earth would also kill the Mooners. SO instead they would cleanse the world from remants of earth, or saving it, and no, so iot leaves possibilities for sub factions.

Goign back to the always reocuring problem of extended stay in low/no gravity conditions. I`m pretty sure that this problem would have been solved somewhat, by treadmills or hormone treatment. Degeneration would still be unavoidable, this would be solved through the wonders of science, nanobots and life sustaining armour would be used during earth landings. This would lead to need for protection of life sustaining epquipment, resulting in the strange mix like a gretchin(something weak) in terminatorm armour(basicly a vehicle). These would be too expensive and valuable to be deployed in big numbers, so there you go we got a high point price in game terms or even unit caps.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Low gravity issues can be solved by genetical engeneering.
Take few genes that increase your bone hardness and prevent your bones and muscles from loosing their strenght in space plus! incorporate that with working out on various instruments for physical activity which astronausts are using today and here it is, problem solved.

Hormones, pills, etc. they can help too.

As for blowing up the Earth... it's imposible xD unless you'd have a lot of antimatter and drill it to the center of Earth (again imposible) and there let it out in core... and even then! you'd cause a lot of earthquakes, continents breaking... even if you'd break the planet the gravity would make it return back to one piece and reshape it to spheric shape. But such devastation is imposible and will be for very long time ( tens of thousands of years of tech development would be required to do such thing)

As for Earth population, the logical idea (as some of said) would be the Mooners/Lunars want to cleanse the Earth from violent and chaotic remaining of their kind: raiders, war bands, etc. And to recolonise the Earth, possibly to find out what caused "the event" and to save mankind from extincting.
Degeneration would still be unavoidable, this would be solved through the wonders of science, nanobots and life sustaining armour would be used during earth landings
I like this idea, from all fraction they should have the best technology.They are few in number and even fewer when going to Earth. (expensive, but unearthly good and powerful units that have much of the technology from the golden age of technology )

Simply wonderful :D
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Basically the 'aliens' everyone wants

And I think he meant exterminating earth or 'glassing' it, not exploding it to smitherenes
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:31 am

Aha :)
Then i probably misunderstood.

But ahinilation of entire human population in order to create new civilisation which is better... sounds okey to me :)
(plus! it provides a clue why Lunars(how i like to call them) or Mooners won't cooperate with Shield fraction )
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 pm

I wanted to say the problem of low-gravity can be resolved by a few (like 4) hours in the gym and some vitamins. (Obey Hulk Hogan!) Don't have to genetically alter your buddies.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:55 am

Well, that's on the moon, but in the space stations (where there is no gravity) you need more than just working out in gym.