Yes, vehicles all the way! 61%  61%  [ 27 ]
Well, maybe one light transport for the shield or marauders 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
No are you crazy? This is a skirmish game! 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
other 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Poll vehicles
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

This is it, there is some debate on whether vehicles should be included in primal horizon, time has come to take a poll and know where people stand.
So vote, express yourself.

Post subject: Re: Poll vehicles
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:56 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

i think there should be vehicles, but only to a degree. a small, bike style vehicle would be appropriate, or a pickup truck with a mounted weapon that could transport a few guys would make sense.

Orks of the Steel Toez klan- 3000 pts
Empire-4000+ pts
Menoth- Kreoss, Reznik, and Feora +40 pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:33 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

my guess is that that is the way it will end because there are already rules for cover in vehicles and firing from them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:48 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

i agree there should be vehicles but limited transports with low armor should be restricted bikes should be treated as they are in 40k and if an army had an tank it should be highly resticted like perhaps 1 per army maybe 2. just so it isn't armor happy like my imp guard are.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:59 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
These

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9
yes there should be vehicles like pickuptrucks with bed mounted weapons and possibly a very primitive type tank like pickup/van with metal plates welded to the sides.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:21 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Well...I don't think there is debate as to if there's going to be vehicles.

The question now is what kinds of vehicles will be included in the game. Bikes, pickup trucks, and light armored transports are all well and good, but that kind of limits the idea of including vehicles in the first place. I, for one, would prefer something with a bit more punch, like a light tank.

Also, what about ATVs and reconnaissance aircraft? Helicopters? Ships?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:12 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Hovercraft. Ya, kick butt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

i think there should be like small homemade steam mechs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:50 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

i have no problem with there being light vehicles, but they need to be done right. they should only alter your to hit, not really offer any more protection than that. Pickup trucks are about as armored as a non-military faction can get. Maybe the shield can afford getting a light apc, but if you put too many tanks in the game then you are altering the entire scheme of the game.

Orks of the Steel Toez klan- 3000 pts
Empire-4000+ pts
Menoth- Kreoss, Reznik, and Feora +40 pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:06 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Vehicles should be included. All of them.
Even futuristic tanks which might seem as an issue are not that strong if you fire on them with rocket from some kind of rocket lancher device, or blast the tank with bomb, or burn it with plasma and/or laser weapon systems or pierce it with railgun/coilgun.

1 shot on tank with such weapon and it is imobilised and destroyed, or in best case just maimed and with it's crew completely stun and disoriented.

Try to look on vehicles like mobile cover which has the ability to carry some more devastating weapons capable of leveling the enemy covers and parts of buildings with earth. (just like coilgun/railgun, rockets, bombs ) . Or like fast transport and in the same time support unit (if it's light vehicle = ordinary infantry can take down it's crew with ordinary weapons if they get little bit higher dice rolls to hit)

In my oppinion, what you should all think about are not ground vehicles but air vehicles.
Something like helicopter: yet it has something like "jet engines" to hover and move though the air serving as scout, fire support, evacuation vehicle, hit and run vehicle.
(if it will fly it will be extremely sensitive to fire, it only one of engines get's damaged the vehicle can get out of control and crash, or simply crash due to engine failure, or explode and it's pieces fall on the earth causing there template damage to anything down and after the crash you have a burning cover which may also count as dangerous)

But, vehicles should be very expensive in points and they should have limit ( divide them on light, heavy, and air units and determine which army can have which type and how many, if any)cause they can withstand more fire than ordinary units, also they can carry weapons which are too heavy and too potent for ordinary men to carry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:12 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I haven't been following the PH forums much but if memory serves you guys have this in a post-apocalyptic setting right?

So it'd make sense if people we're finding their F-150's and such and mounting 50 cals and such in the rear. Bieks should be treated similarily to how they are in 40K as if the bikes destoryed the rider probably would to and if it's only the rider people would probably be a little busy fighting the enemy to try and slavage it.

The closest thing to a tank I think would work is something like the busses from Dawn of the Dead (remake). It could transport a whole squad of like 10-15 people. Has firing points, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:47 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
And I dont think a tank is the ultimate survival viechle. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:26 pm 

We have to think about fuel concerns too.
There can't be too much fuel in a pos-apocolyptic setting, so fielding a big gas-guzzler is out of the question.

The Ethereal is not amused

Don't pay attention to anything I say about Fire Warriors.