World Geography map?

This is where you can voice your ideas about what should be included in Primal Horizon, from factions to weapons to rules to anything else.
Frozt
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

World Geography map?

Post by Frozt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Just realized something here. Most of the planet was rocked by earthquakes and natural disasters globally, what would the planet look like from the moon's perspective? I mean i have the idea that, due to the faultlines in California, it could be a large chain island due to "THE EVENT". Does MWG have a plausable map idea, or will it be up to thsoe crazy enough to delve into the topic to make topographical charts? 8)
VC w1/L0/T0
Orks w3/L1/T1 (darn weedy gitz *lost to eldar*)

zuzu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: World Geography map?

Post by zuzu » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:24 am

they said it has to do a lot from giant storms (hurricanes) and devestating earth quakes/volcano explosions... so take this map fo the fault lines and volcanoes
any island is likely sunk. any where close to a yellow line is demolished by earthquakes. places by red dots were giant pools of lava for a while (or if underwater... new land?) or just buried for hundreds of miles round by volcanic ash. oh, and the coastline is likely consumed or greatly eroded from flooding and tsnamis.

for an over-all map for the time-period... i don't think the people in the game's story line even know what the world looks like anymore.
Chaos Space Marines--4,000pts
Chaos Daemons--1750pts
Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

Frozt

Post by Frozt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:14 am

Actually i know that map very well as i live in California's Valley (nor cal, San Andreas fault etc.) But, we're talking destruction on an unprecidented scale, and for all we know the laws of nature changed on us. I ask of MWG has anythnigi n place before i start drawing up maps and such :mrgreen:
VC w1/L0/T0

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:40 am

We have a map in mind, and will be producing one when we get around to really fleshing out the backstory - that is a LONG way off though.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Wattox8
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Wattox8 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:11 am

yes the south of Australia survives relatively unscathed, Victoria for the win
Word Bearers - 1000 points (growing)

Frozt

Post by Frozt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:46 pm

And i can respect that Mike. Look forward to seeing this game completed :mrgreen:
VC w1/L0/T0

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:20 pm

One of the major components of Primal Horizon will be the ability to create your own armies, while keeping them balanced and appropriately themed. To help people create unique armies that still fit into the PH universe, we plan on providing a very thorough map of the world, including major geographic and social events that've taken place. That way someone doesn't spend a pile of time creating an army of Robots in Malaysia that've gone Native, only to find out that Malaysia sank into the ocean or banned Robotics before the event. You get the idea :)

We want to empower players to really express their creativity, and still end up with completely believable, and playable forces.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:27 pm

that is the one thing i am realy looking forward to is the fact you can make your own races

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:53 pm

There's really only one race - humans. You can create your own factions or cultures though ;)

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:58 pm

u know thats what i ment

im thinking ex-special forces for mine

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:21 pm

...or at least, the grandchildren of ex-special forces ;)

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:19 pm

yeah something like that

basicly a higly elliet force that survied through their survival knowhow

(imagine rainbowsix crosed with bear grilles)

Frozt

Post by Frozt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:24 pm

I claim what's left of California! Heh, but as for the faction Ideas, I'd probably do a twist and meebe write a mini campaign when this whole thing is finished. :mrgreen: But, good luck and all with flushing the beta ^_^
VC w1/L0/T0