Unit ideas (bear with me...)

This is where you can voice your ideas about what should be included in Primal Horizon, from factions to weapons to rules to anything else.
TheJadeCross
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Unit ideas (bear with me...)

Post by TheJadeCross » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Unit ideas. I have them.

VEHICULAR:

--Motorized Armored Transport (MAT) :

Basically what it says in the name. It has wheels, it has armor, and it transports you from point A to point B in more or less one piece. Armed with whatever weapons are appropriate for the faction your playing, the modifier varies as do the variants of those configurations. (For example, The Shield MATS may have one variant with a rocket launcher, while the Marauders may have one with a quad-linked Gatling gun, which is four Gatling guns linked together to fire all at once)

--TURBO-BIKE:

Lightly armed bike that has one purpose to serve its faction:

To careen across the board and do it as fast as possible. (Blowing up en route is entirely optional)

AERIAL:

--CLOSE AIR SUPPORT VEHICLE (CASV) [THE SHIELD ONLY] :

A medium armored helicopter akin to an Apache Longbow. Armed with missiles and Gatling guns, it provides support for other units.

MECHA (yes, please!) [THE SHIELD AND MARAUDERS ONLY] :

--HUNTER:

A long range mecha with two twin-linked sniper cannons on each arm and some short range lasers for anti-infantry support. Lightly armored and fast since it's made for killing you from a distance.

--KILLER:

A tank-hunter mecha that's heavily armored and armed with the best tank-hunting weapons for each faction (Galagido excluded).

--ENFORCER [THE SHIELD ONLY]:

The Shield's special anti-infantry mecha that does one thing: Kill enemy foot-soldiers. Armed with machine guns and anti-infantry missiles, it does the job well.

--DEMON [MARAUDER ONLY]:

Same as the Enforcer, only this is the Marauder variant. Again, the purpose is the same: Kill enemy foot-soldiers.

(This is good, yes?)

zuzu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Unit ideas (bear with me...)

Post by zuzu » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:03 am

i can see the Mecha be placed in the "large creature" category.
Chaos Space Marines--4,000pts
Chaos Daemons--1750pts
Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

TheJadeCross
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by TheJadeCross » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:09 am

zuzu wrote:i can see the Mecha be placed in the "large creature" category.
Sorry it took so long to reply...

Yeah, Mecha may be seen as large creatures, but really: There's nothing creature-like about them.

TheJadeCross
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by TheJadeCross » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:44 am

More units:

INFANTRY:

--ORBITAL MARINES [THE SHIELD ONLY]:

These are the main troops of The Shield, stationed in orbit around the Earth in space stations. Able to either "beam down" (teleport) or "drop down" (literally load up in drop pods and drop towards their LZ from orbit), these versatile troops are key to any Shield operation, be it diplomatic or military. They wear heavy armor, like Space Marines of 40k. Also like the Space Marines, the Orbital Marines are organized in companies, following the NATO alphabet ("Alpha" to "Zulu"), and are further broken down into battalions.

The main companies (and their battalions) are:

Alpha Company, Kings Battalion (COLORS: Green/Black)

Bravo Company, Angel Battalion (COLORS: Olive/Gold)

Charlie Company, Vector Battalion (COLORS: Crimson/Dark Violet)

Delta Company, Phoenix Battalion (COLORS: Orange/Red)

Echo Company, Xenos Battalion (COLORS: Blue/Silver)

AND Foxtrot Company, Hunter Battalion (COLORS: Frost Blue/Medium Violet)

--COYOTES [THE SHIELD ONLY]:

The Shield Coyotes are basically the scouts for the Orbital Marines, usually from the same company as the Marines, but a different battalion (designated as a "scout battalion"). They are lightly armored (compared to the Orbital Marines), but they can infiltrate and wreak havoc on enemy with their time bombs and sniper rifles.

--BESERKERS [GALAGIDO ONLY]:

The so called "elite" warriors of the Galagido tribes, these maniacal fighters are close-combat gods, wielding axes and swords. They usually lead squads of other warriors into battle, standing out by their leather armor that provides some protection (that's what she said!) from enemy hand weapons.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:25 pm

fairly certain we're getting a bit too advanced here. Remember, this is post apocolyptic, most technology has dissappeared. There shouldn't be mechs walking around.

Also, this is a skirmish game, not an epic battle feild.

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Fusebox45 wrote:fairly certain we're getting a bit too advanced here. Remember, this is post apocolyptic, most technology has dissappeared. There shouldn't be mechs walking around.

Also, this is a skirmish game, not an epic battle feild.

good points to keep in mind that things like mechs are getting to advanced and will turn you into 40k almost.