Cover Question

If you have questions about the rules in Primal Horizon, please post them here.
Fingerdrop
Now we're getting somewhere...

Cover Question

Post by Fingerdrop » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:30 am

Example

I have 4 soldiers in the squad. Half are in cover, so the 'squad' is in cover for rolling purposes.

Enemies turn. He kills one of my troops in cover. Now I have 1 troop in cover and 2 not in cover.

At what point does my squad lose cover bonus. Immediately or the next turn.???

:twisted:

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Cover Question

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:18 am

I would expect immediately, since part of the tactics in PH include flushing someone out of cover so that another squad in your force can peg them off.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:58 am

Exactly. However, you lose the cover after all of the squad has fired, so if the character fires and kills the guys in cover, and then the rest of the squad fires, the target is still in cover.

Matthew

Fingerdrop
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Fingerdrop » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Sweet. that makes sense.

But because fire on your turn is not simultaneous, then if you enemy has another squad fire at you on his turn, you are out of cover.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:42 am

Firing for an individual squad happens simultaneously - that is, if a squad had say, 3 guys with Rifles, a Machine, and a guy with a Grenade, all of those weapons count as firing at the same time. You can use the Grenade to force them out of cover, but if you fire that Machinegun next, they still count as being in cover. If another squad was nearby that also had a Machinegun though, it could fire afterwards, counting the target as out of cover (assuming of course, that it is from the second squad's point of view).

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:43 am

That is correct.

I am, however, going to be adding rules for having the squad wait for the one character to throw the grenade and ready their weapons to fire for when the enemy breaks from cover.

That and I'm increasing the throw distance of grenades to 12" so that they can actually be useful.

Matthew

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:13 am

Great changes Matt - it dawned on me while I was typing that response yesterday that a squad *should* be able to wait for a grenade flush to happen ;)

Of course, all 'regular' firing is still simultaneous (at least for now... that's why we're in beta after all)