Moving w/ squads

If you have questions about the rules in Primal Horizon, please post them here.
AlexDemille
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Moving w/ squads

Post by AlexDemille » Sat May 30, 2009 6:41 pm

Here's one. In your demo 2nd video the white marine player moves one of his guys, and can suffer a penalty for moving on his rifle. Can you bounce your squad? e.g. your in a line left to right and you have 3 guys a - c. Can you move a to b's position and b to c's position and c over a bit to shuffle your squad w/o suffering a movement penalty?

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Moving w/ squads

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat May 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Movement penalty is considered on a per-model basis. Lets say that an entire squad had Movement 5, and weapons with MP2. If 2 of the units moved 4 inches, another moved 2 inches, and one held still, only the two which moved 4 inches would be affected by the movement penalty. If you wanted to "bounce" your unit, your best bet would be to do this:

ABCD

Move A and B like so:

__CDAB

A and B would potentially have a movement penalty, while C and D held still.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

AlexDemille
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by AlexDemille » Sat May 30, 2009 9:00 pm

yes, but couldn't you move them like this:

A.B.C.D_

Move:

_.A.B.C.D

And shift them over one "slot" (e.g. less inches then a move and shoot penalty is) so that no one gets a negative?

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 pm

If you went from ABCD to __ABCD, all 4 would have moved, so all 4 would take a movement penalty (assuming they moved far enough for that to occur). If you moved __CDAB, C and D both held still, so they can fire without any penalty from movement. It's sort of a leapfrog style of movement.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

AlexDemille
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by AlexDemille » Sat May 30, 2009 10:16 pm

MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:If you went from ABCD to __ABCD, all 4 would have moved, so all 4 would take a movement penalty (assuming they moved far enough for that to occur). If you moved __CDAB, C and D both held still, so they can fire without any penalty from movement. It's sort of a leapfrog style of movement.
I'm assuming that if I move

ABCD to _ABCD that they move only say 1 or 2 inches and therefore don't take a move penalty.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat May 30, 2009 10:51 pm

I guess that depends how long a _ is ;)

And of course, what the MP of their weapon is.