New Idea!

If you have questions about the rules in Primal Horizon, please post them here.
kknight25
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

New Idea!

Post by kknight25 » Sat May 30, 2009 12:19 am

Hey Miniwargaming
I'm excited about playing ur game, just by watching ur vids, but I needa find my old d 12's. I have some new rule u might want. Say there are barrels on the terrain. Why not the attacker role like um 8+ to make the barrel explode if a defenders character is hiding behind it, when the attacker is going 4 a shot. Then the defender needs to toll um 6+ to see if it gets wounded or not. Adding when like they flea and all that. just something I came up with while playing againist my dad in a game of 40k!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: New Idea!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat May 30, 2009 1:54 am

The 'To Hit' and 'To Wound' are combined into a single roll in Primal Horizon - the defender doesn't ever make a saving throw.

That said, I'm pretty sure 'traps' will make it into the game eventually - just not in the early set of beta rules. We want to make sure the core mechanics are solid and well-balanced before we start throwing in slightly more exotic items and rules.

There's actually a scenario I want to play out, where an Attacker has a full, normal force, and the Defender just has one Character with a Sniper Rifle, and a series of traps placed by secret deployment (on paper, no minis on the table) to make up the points... and the Attacker's objective is simply to eliminate the sniper.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

kknight25
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Sat May 30, 2009 2:16 am

Dude awesome! And that what I'm doing. Three space marines against my newly converted necron lord! Loads of traps and terrain. Got loads of missile launchers, heavy bolter turrets and all that. i wonder if it could survive! Each turn it gets one special attack lol!

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 am

MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:The 'To Hit' and 'To Wound' are combined into a single roll in Primal Horizon - the defender doesn't ever make a saving throw.

That said, I'm pretty sure 'traps' will make it into the game eventually - just not in the early set of beta rules. We want to make sure the core mechanics are solid and well-balanced before we start throwing in slightly more exotic items and rules.

There's actually a scenario I want to play out, where an Attacker has a full, normal force, and the Defender just has one Character with a Sniper Rifle, and a series of traps placed by secret deployment (on paper, no minis on the table) to make up the points... and the Attacker's objective is simply to eliminate the sniper.
that would be fun.

Return to “Primal Horizon Rule Questions”