grenades..?

Want to play test Primal Horizon? Then check out this area.
Truth s14
First post! Good job, now post more...

grenades..?

Post by Truth s14 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Heeey, I'm new on the site, but I'm really liking the look of these rules; I'm always for more emphasis on cover, in wargames, FPSs, whatever...

I was just thinking though, with this emphasis on Pinning your enemy and moving through cover, will grenades play a part in future revisions?
Eg. a close combat unit pinning an enemy around/over cover so they can advance to better cover and/or charge?

Let me know what you think

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: grenades..?

Post by DracoAvian » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:01 am

Just came to mind... a unit that is suppressed could still chuck a grenade from the safety of cover. Maybe double the scatter role because the guy can't see where he is throwing it.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

zuzu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: grenades..?

Post by zuzu » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:32 am

if your suppressed you can't move or fire... grenades i'd say count as "firing" something, so you couldn't throw them, your too preoccupied with hiding from incomming fire. also, can't move, so i don't think that lets you throw a flash grenade in the move phase.

just what i think... and what i interpret from the rules given so far.
Chaos Space Marines--4,000pts
Chaos Daemons--1750pts
Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield