Rules and Faction Downloads here...

Want to play test Primal Horizon? Then check out this area.
Shadowx
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Rules and Faction Downloads here...

Post by Shadowx » Wed May 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Matthew

In the factions rules page, for the marines, one bit says "Solider Leader"

Spelling mistake :shock:

thanks
Space marines (Ultramarines/Imperial Fists Mix) 6 - 7000 pts

Space marines (Dark Angels) 1000 pts

Skaven (Clan Eshin) 4 -5000 pts

Orks (No clan) about 500 pts

Orcs and Goblins (No clan) about 1500 pts

SAMSARA
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Location: Location has such an irrelevant meaning, when love has no boundries. :D

Post by SAMSARA » Wed May 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Not really liking the idea of aliens in the game, whatever it's not my decision. But Seriously aliens?! a little cliche for me, I like the idea that earth is fighting with itself not with some otherworldly creatures. Like I said though it's not my decision I just hope you don't put them in in the final version.
The living don't whisper
In the halls of the dead

Dark Eldar under-construction
Chaos Daemons resurfacing

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Wed May 27, 2009 3:20 pm

No, I meant it. He's a Solider-kinda guy.

Get it? ;)

Yeah, it's a spelling mistake...

Matthew

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Wed May 27, 2009 3:21 pm

SAMSARA wrote:Not really liking the idea of aliens in the game, whatever it's not my decision. But Seriously aliens?! a little cliche for me, I like the idea that earth is fighting with itself not with some otherworldly creatures. Like I said though it's not my decision I just hope you don't put them in in the final version.
I'm not 100% sure of them either. Remember, these are test units. I named them quickly and without much thought.

We will more likely go the route of having genetically modified animals fighting alongside humans, but we shall see.

Matthew

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:23 pm

SAMSARA wrote:Not really liking the idea of aliens in the game, whatever it's not my decision. But Seriously aliens?! a little cliche for me, I like the idea that earth is fighting with itself not with some otherworldly creatures. Like I said though it's not my decision I just hope you don't put them in in the final version.
You know, it may not be the most typical alien.

Matt likes tyranids, sure they are bug-aliens and look like aliens. But they maybe have changed the look of aliens.

Otherwise, you have my support, no aliens, unless they are different from other aliens.

bbug0
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by bbug0 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:59 pm

just 2 quick q's, first, what models should be used to play this? ie. should one just use converted gaurdsmen for the humans? and secondly why don't you have some sort of robot faction. It could work perfectly

Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm

bbug0 wrote:secondly why don't you have some sort of robot faction. It could work perfectly
They've talked about that, but I guess they are waiting to release them right now.

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

SAMSARA
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Location: Location has such an irrelevant meaning, when love has no boundries. :D

Post by SAMSARA » Wed May 27, 2009 8:03 pm

miniwargaming wrote:
We will more likely go the route of having genetically modified animals fighting alongside humans, but we shall see.

Matthew
That sounds cooler than aliens, you might also be able to have them be humans injected with animal genes or something in hopes to make a super race or something, but they just go feral and thus we have Beastmen. I think that'd be cooler than genetically modified animals or you could include Beastmen and mutated animals into the same race (Like you could have 5 beastmen and 7 "dire wolves" making up a squad)

Just brainstorming here, but there wargear or upgrades could be different animal mutations or something. Example: Mark of the Bear- gives a CC/AV modifier and Mark of the Hawk- no climbing penalty(as they can fly/glide) and movement modifier. And something like you can give one guy multiple marks (DNA injections) but they start to lose more and more of there humanity so like a -1 morale modifier for every mark on the unit and they start to have to take animosity checks every turn (think fantasy Orcs & Goblins) I have no idea how balanced that would be, just a suggestion.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm not supposed to put rule suggestions in this thread I forgot about that until after I posted this. :| sorry
The living don't whisper
In the halls of the dead

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:59 am

SAMSARA wrote:Just brainstorming here, but there wargear or upgrades could be different animal mutations or something. Example: Mark of the Bear- gives a CC/AV modifier and Mark of the Hawk- no climbing penalty(as they can fly/glide) and movement modifier. And something like you can give one guy multiple marks (DNA injections) but they start to lose more and more of there humanity so like a -1 morale modifier for every mark on the unit and they start to have to take animosity checks every turn (think fantasy Orcs & Goblins) I have no idea how balanced that would be, just a suggestion.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm not supposed to put rule suggestions in this thread I forgot about that until after I posted this. :| sorry
If they have marks, it will make the faction, animalis look very much like warhammer.
But if you skip to call them marks it should be fine.
But personally, I dont like it.
But I DO think that you should be able to make your guys a little special. :mrgreen:

goldenspears
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by goldenspears » Thu May 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Are the 2 factions so far Humans and Aliens? :wink: :wink:

SAMSARA
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by SAMSARA » Thu May 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Apa1994 wrote:If they have marks, it will make the faction, animalis look very much like warhammer.
But if you skip to call them marks it should be fine.
But personally, I dont like it.
But I DO think that you should be able to make your guys a little special. :mrgreen:
Marks were just the first thing that came to my head, but obviously MWG could call them whatever they wanted to. :P
The living don't whisper
In the halls of the dead

m14
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by m14 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:50 pm

Never mind.
Last edited by m14 on Thu May 28, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Thu May 28, 2009 9:22 pm

PDF has nothing to do with your browser. You need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDFs.

You can do so here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Matthew

SAMSARA
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by SAMSARA » Thu May 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Just a quick question, as there are no pictures or description (as far as I know of) what exactly is a Galagido?
The living don't whisper
In the halls of the dead

m14
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by m14 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:45 pm

miniwargaming wrote:PDF has nothing to do with your browser. You need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDFs.

You can do so here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Matthew
After posting that, I downloaded Adobe Reader. I can read PDF's now. Sorry for the commotion.