40k Terrain

Talk about anything related to creating and painting cool terrain for Warhammer and other tabletop games.
bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

40k Terrain

Post by bugbait_nz » Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 pm

If only the Transport comp had started earlier I would have entered this peice.
Made from 3mm MDF, two layers, one as a base, one with the road cut out. Fine iron sand for the road surface, ground painted with the GW spray gun and craft paint, footpath dabbed with an artists sponge. Road dry brushed with a dark grey over a matt black base. Layout can be changed slightly as the peices can be shuffled.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: 40k Terrain

Post by DracoAvian » Sun May 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Oh, wow! I love the Arbites crime scene tape :D Some nice buildings will make this a perfect battlefield. Props, man!
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm

very nice, very, very nice

bounty90
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by bounty90 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:59 pm

WOW! just wow.

lame1
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by lame1 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 am

Really nice looking, how did you do the pages on the ground?

//lame1
Tyranids 1850pts
Orks 2000pts WAAAAAAGHHHH

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Mon May 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks guys!
I hope to post up some pics of the table with my industrial terrain this weekend, I do have a random unfinished collection of buildings that will get some attention soon.
@ lame1 - the pages are a large MS word document that has had an aquila header added, zoomed out to reduce the size and then screen captured and printed.

wanna993
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by wanna993 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Very nicely done, love the details.
Why did you do the whole board diagonally though?

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by bugbait_nz » Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 pm

I did start out with the roads square to the edges but it didnt look very interesting. Because I wanted the boards to be changable I had to have them joining in the centre and this limited what I could do with the rest of the roads, if I would have gone with more horizontal roads rather than the single left to right road then the area for buildings would have been too small IMHO.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Tue May 29, 2012 5:34 pm

I agree! Diagonal streets are much more interesting than just squared off ones. I've tried it before with roads and rivers. Diagonal is much nicer, but also offers 'squared' up terrain for use in the 'meeting engagement' diagonal deployment zone battles.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:17 pm

this could make an interesting 40K RPG engagement zone... very very nice
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

gorgon_locke
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by gorgon_locke » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

I may have to borrow some ideas on the paper for my Necromunda table.... nicely done!
want the best looking paint job able to be commissioned?
http://kotaminipainting.com/

"When I saw that u painted a black mans skin to perfection I slightly peed myself!" -patapon 13

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by bugbait_nz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 am

Thanks guys and now some pics with my oil themed terrain. (which is not all complete)

And some new barriers, inspired by Borderlands again.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:23 am

Wow

Asurael
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Asurael » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:24 pm

This is amazing, and gotten me depressed over my own cityfight board. I think I¡'ll try giving it a revamp after I finish painting some of my DEldar.
Armies:
Biel-Tan Eldar: 6357 points - HQs, MCs, and most vehicles and infantry painted.
Dark Eldar - Kabal of the Soul Reavers: 3120 points- HQs, MCs, and most vehicles and infantry painted.
DeviantArt: http://asurael-returns.deviantart.com/

eNi
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by eNi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

My grounds. Where screams are flowers, and pain their fragrance
-Are any of these people available for questioning?
-Not unless you want to stick your head down a tyranid's throat and shout "anyone at home?"

Work In Progress