It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:45 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Yeah, as I just started making models I still have a lot to get used to. Gotta experiment more about the quantity of water to add to the glue. You really have to add a drop or two max. I thought it was alot more at first.

So now I'm stuck with my 'not-so-fixated' sand. Should I reapply a layer of glue+sand on it, with thicker glue? Because the part where I added rocks holds on perfectly.

Thank Blue for the replies :D

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:35 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Just rub your fingers across the sand to remove any loose pieces then reapply.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for this amazing tutorial... It helped me take the plunge and make my terrain pieces! Your step-by-step post really helped me get over the intimidation factor, and has got me inspired to start scratch-building all sorts of things!

Thanks again!

Here's a weeks worth of work, following your lead... I made these pieces modular so that I have lots of re-arrangement possibilities...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
WOW! :shock:

really nice work, that table looks great with that terrain.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:19 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
All three presented builds look awesome. I have to get me some pink foam!

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Really awesome tutorial. I need to find me some pink foam as your terrain looks better than most stuff I've seen in magazines! Thanks for the guide :):)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:36 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

that really is smart, i think at some point ill have to add a few pics of some of my stuff,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Wow that looks amazing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:59 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Hello!
I'm new here, and just wanted to say that this tutorial is genius!! My boyfriend plays warhammer and warmachine, and I'm just horrible at painting miniatures, but I wanted to get involved somehow, and you have made that extremely possible! So thanks!!

wanna993 wrote:
I have another question, how do you go about smaller/thinner/more fragile pieces? Because as I was working on a small rock, the glue couldn't hold.

Also, just wanted to mention, if you forget to do the texture before and have already glued the pieces on, finger nails work real well for the small parts. Obviously don't go overboard, but I mean a good swipe with your nail works!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
where can i get this pink stuff ?

edit: is this the stuff you use. http://www.homedepot.ca/product/c-300-e ... -sl/925585

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:31 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
That's the stuff :)

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134