It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

From the depth of my lair in East Tennessee I work and work on projects ranging from normal to the strange. Being a night owl my best work is done at night, mainly around midnight. This thread will be a diary of the projects I come up with, tons of pictures will be taken and shared. I leave for boot camp in September so in the mean time I have tons of spare time so expect regular updates.

The first project came to me around 11:30 in the PM. I lost a lot of terrain in my move down here so I wanted some to replace it so the first project is titled "The Geo-thermal project"

The starting materials:

A lot of junk and scraps, but junk and scraps are terrain gold! The plan is to make a few hills to start out with battlefield debris. I imagine the space marines (Yes I have a bias) were told to watch this planet because is a massive energy hub. Planet security was needed because of its location being a hot bed for Orc activity. The job was easy and the imperial guard were about to take over as the new security detail when the green skins launch an attack. The Orcs are well prepared and surprisingly strategic, attacking command buildings and leaving geo-thermal equipment intact.

The Hills

I started with cardboard scrap that I had from my move. The first layer of spray paint is a outdoor texture paint. The paint was nice to use, covered well and the texture gave a good surface for the black layer to hold onto. Texture sprays are normally heavier and are nice if you want your terrain to have a little more strength.

Next was the black layer using a flat black spray paint. I used it as a strengthening layer and will also use it to prime the sand after its put down.

Putting part of the sand down, for this I am trying a new sand. Its a decorative sand that can be found at almost any dollar store. It isn't done drying so Ill give you an update when thats done later tonight.

That's all for now!

-Connor_

Last edited by Enemyofevil23 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Great start...want to see more :)

Where in TN, I am in west, Hound is in mid-west-ish.

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:24 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Thanks Nappen!

Ill have more pictures and an update soon, got side tracked with some space marines.

I live just outside of Knoxville, only been here about a month, definitely a lot different then Chicago!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:59 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
I just moved to near nashville from DC and yep...kinda different

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:50 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Wouldn't mind getting a game in on that lava board!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:22 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Update! 20140214

Re-building my ruined city:

When I moved from Chicago to Knoxville I sadly lost my previously built terrain. I had a project going that was a ruined city and was going really well. Now in this new place I have new and better materials to build some awesome buildings! I began work about a week or two ago, and so far have three pieces done. I took some cool picture, the only one that isn't pictured is the third pieces but that's because it needs a little clean up work.

First pictures are of them in progress, if you have any material questions feel free to ask! (Progress Picture are taken with my Iphone)

Now the finished product!

You can also follow me on Instagram for more updates Warhammerdiary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:08 am 

Building looks great. I really like the top floor damage.