Guildy's Terrain pieces

Talk about anything related to creating and painting cool terrain for Warhammer and other tabletop games.
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildy's Terrain pieces

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:23 am

Not a ton more detail atm but I decided to do another dark wash - same as before, maybe a bit darker. That way I can start bringing up some more lighter green and make it pop (in the swamp area).

Starting on drybrushing and plants today, really excited!

Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:39 pm

So, more washes down, noteably on the road. Got some 'tree undergrowth' type fallen leaves in on the forest area (on left). The (removable) hills have some static grass on them, not sure I like it yet. It's quite a bit lighter than I'd hoped it would be but it is still drying.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:18 am

Thanks guys! keep your fingers crossed! I've sealed the board (ended up having to paint gloss varnish on the 'water' and use a rattle can matte varnish on the rest since my airbrush didn't want to work with my liquitexes grrr). Now it's going to be time to seal the edges, pour the water effects and pray lol

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:29 am

So, I've been a bit remiss getting this updated. I'm waiting for my second layer of water effects to fully cure so I can take some 'action' shots so to speak heh of this board. Getting really excited to play on it!

In the mean time here's one I did of my trees in place on the forested tile (note I made the trees modular so that I can move them around, get them out of the ways of armies, or even put them in the swamp area as little hillocks if I wanted)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:18 am

:O

That board looks stunning! I always love water effects but can never be bothered to do them. But amazing work! I can't get over the awesome!

:O
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Thanks guys :D I'm getting soooo excited! lol

Really want to play on it soon! I have one last WIP update, then it should be good <crosses fingers> The Envirotex (sp) is curing a lot faster than the woodland scenics so I think it'll be done tomorrow squeee!!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJCR6rHpTiE

weee!! I did a video on my channel so you can check out the finished Swamp Terrain :D

Terrain4Print
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Terrain4Print » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:36 am

Very good looking!

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:55 am

It looks great! I especially like the effect created by the different shades of green under the water effect. I watched your video before I looked at your work in progress pictures and I was absolutely sure that you had created this effect by putting different kinds of bushes/ flock to the ground of your pond. It's amazing what you can achieve by some dots of colour. :shock: :D
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

ball00nz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ball00nz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Can I ask what you used for the dead trees? I have been trying to find something like that for a while now.

Rad swamp!
Tyranids - 1300 pts.
Space Wolves - 2500 pts.
Tau - 1200 pts.

Midwest Is Best