It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Necromunda Table
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
Phenomenal work so far!!!! Quite inspiring. I would check out the Necromundicon website here: http://www.ironhands.com/necro.htm. Great stuff, and maybe some aid to your crusade of terrain awesomeness

Just a quickie, what exactly are those white (well now blue :P ) tanks made of? They look really familiar...some household item? It's really bugging me haha

-Claw Leader Arvur of the Night Lords

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Thanks! I'll give that site a good once over after I've had a bite to eat; I appreciate all the input I can get :)

Oh, by the way, you'll be kickin yourself over how simple those condenser tanks are (you're right in that they look familiar): they're simple PVC plumbing pipe available at your local hardware store. Sadly, these days the prices are a touch high for something so... I don't know.... simple, but if you give it a good setting a coat of paint, anything can happen, heh heh. I used small straight sections of it and some end caps (the 4" variety runs about $14 for straight piece and end cap [used for large tank] and the smaller ones [2" I believe] run like $5 or $6 per straight and end).

"When I saw that u painted a black mans skin to perfection I slightly peed myself!" -patapon 13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

The table is looking great and I agree with Luna. Look around at your own city. There are some many things that clutter up our streets. Trash cans, mail boxes, street signs, warning signs, light fixtures, vehicles, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Being a couple of days without updates warranted me forgoing my hesitation and buying (gulp) Krazy glue to make some progress. Also, the arrival of another Manufactorum helped in my efforts. Here are the visuals, although I'll need at least one or two more kits:

(oh, one more thing, I sort of came up with an idea for a tracked loading dock and I think it came out pretty well in the initial stages. I'll be, as with the Sanctum, much more detail inside the building and on the floor etc., as well as putting in a few larger machines/work tables)

Also, another sidenote, spackle actually works in the CMON Instant Mold.... yeah, I'm as surprised as you are (just make sure to wait like 2 full days until it's completely dry)

"When I saw that u painted a black mans skin to perfection I slightly peed myself!" -patapon 13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ok, here's a pretty big update for y'all. I've got pretty much the whole layout for the Manufactorum sector laid out and will next begin to mesh the terrain into the table like I did with the Sanctum. I intend to add some more pipelines inside of the factory and make a junk pile in the ruined corner of the factory and extend it down towards the canal, and build a ramshackle mechanic shop in front of it.

To start off, here are a pair of 'Condemned' seals for the table's two primary buildings: the Sanctum and the Factory, respectively

Now, here's the canal, almost done. I'm going to work more pipes in behind the broken wall sections, and will add more copper tubing above as well.

And now, on to the Manufactorum sector:

I plan on getting some WHFB movement trays for removable roofs for the Sanctum and Factory.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:44 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill
Are you planning on adding any "layers" to your table? One of the cool things about Necromunda is that it's very "3D", with models fighting on different levels.
btw, which gang do you use? Delaques were always my favorite!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:48 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Oh yeah, I mentioned way back when somewhere about the second level, but I'm trying to completely finish the first before I move on to the second (but not without keeping the second one in mind, as for where the iron girder supports will be placed, etc. etc.)

My gang's the Gorgons (ha. ha. ha.) of house Van Saar. I likes my gizmos and gadgets (beep boop bop!)

I used different models cuz, of all houses, Van Saar's GW models really suck, unfortunately. Goofy eldar or something; not my cup of tea :\

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:00 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ok, more updates today. For the record, making junk piles is *not* as easy as it looks, unfortunately. This took a fairly heavy toll on a few of my bitz boxes, but luckily, I have many, many more :D

So, the idea of the junkyard is: help flesh the factory to the table (I'll be doing a lot more of this on the other sides of it too, of course), add some dense terrain for gang fighting, and add some storyline/aesthetic to the table (can't have too much of that). Also, I decided it was time to make the junk yard because I really want to paint the table at the end of the week (not every detail, but at least get the base colours on there. I'll work on individual stuff once everything's done)

Anyhow, here are the pics:

And, last but not least, I decided to snap off a quick shot of the canal. I'd finished the flashy bits of it with copper piping yesterday or the day before. Sorry for the blur, I'm a bit tired and I just wanna go to bed to be honest :P
lol

here it is:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ok, so I'm sort of working double time to try and get the table up and running for this weekend. It won't be done, but it will be at least playable I hope. Here's the undercoat and basecoat for you to enjoy. Forgive crappy iphone picture quality.... it's all I've got right now sadly....

now, basecoat:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
so.... any progress? I'm a lurker but I want to see stuff :)

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:15 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah, I'm waiting for progress too I'm afraid....
All of the materials I'd ordered (a good 15 days ago now...) have yet to reach me from armorcast (apparently they haven't even shipped yet D:)

The stuff in that order includes: materials to flesh factory with table
large junk piles
a couple of power generator thingies

That, and I'm out of glue again : P
I'll do my best to get in more updates before I return for my last school year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:54 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Updates! These are small, but will become something larger. The materials I ordered from Armorcast finally came in (with...problems.... I'll be getting them resolved one way or t'other). I still have no glue, but I'm currently outlining how to integrate the factory into the table via the ruined floor. I'll be using some gritty sand as well once I've got more glue. For now, though, I'm digging into the table to sink the floor panels into the foundation of the factory. More updates in the next few days once everything's in place. It won't be glued in yet, I expect, but you'll see what it'll look like. Also, I played a game on the table a few days ago and she plays like a dream! I couldn't be happier! (what's good is, I was able to pinpoint a few places where more cover is needed, etc, so I can go about fixing it before the table's complete.

I plan to better mesh the small junk piles with the table as well, after I sink them in. I'll admit, it is quite painful to tear up the table at this point, but it must be done :\

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

More junk, literally. The scrap piles are in their basic layout now; I'll give them the same treatment as the junk yard.

What's left for the factory floor is for me to throw some grit on there and flesh the sunken floor pieces into the foundation of the building. I think I like the tables where they are also. Let me know your thoughts guys.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Fantastic! That is awesome man. Coming together really nice. That should be a pain to paint

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:13 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

nah! airbrush! XD
though I am really bad with it at the moment, I can still do some of the basic stuff, so it should be alright :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next