Anyone like the idea of this?

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
freerunforfun
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Anyone like the idea of this?

Post by freerunforfun » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am

Well lots of tabletops are more like futuristic fantasy, so i was thinking something like a Medieval period, and it's about different groups fighting to take control of the kingdom. Maybe different groups would have different skills for example stealth, brute strength, tactics? I don't know. Anyway the basic layout for an army list would be something like this

for this example i'll pretend it's a group of stealth-suited people

a HQ could be a lead assassin, or maybe a good ranged.

Elites would probably be still assassins, but not as good

Troops would probably be like mercenaries that the group has hired, and are cheap and die quick, but strong. there could also be apprentice assassins that are the more or less weaker of the lot

Another band could be of warriors, and they can hire more stealth like, however their stealth units obviously would be alot worse than the group that is made for stealth, same goes for the warriors hired by the stealth group. maybe another group could be the one that controls the kingdom, im not sure

This is just an idea I wanted to throw out there, I think it could be an interesting game and it would seem quite enjoyable. If anyone thinks the same, just tell me and feel free to add little notes that you would like to see in this sort of game. Also if you would like to help make this game, just PM me or post it, thanks guys.

firemanmm
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Anyone like the idea of this?

Post by firemanmm » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 am

That sounds like warhammer fantasy and kings of war
Dis iz my Choppa. Der iz many like it but dis one iz mine. Wifout it I am nofing, wifout me it is nofing.

Orks of the Steel Toez klan- 3000 pts
Empire-4000+ pts
Menoth- Kreoss, Reznik, and Feora +40 pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

freerunforfun
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by freerunforfun » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 am

I don't see how it could relate too much to fantasy because well fantasy is.... fantasy? i know it's not modern times or future times, but I don't really see too much of a relation

firemanmm
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by firemanmm » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:50 pm

You don't see the similarities between knights on horseback vs zombies compare to knights on horseback vs knights on horseback?
Dis iz my Choppa. Der iz many like it but dis one iz mine. Wifout it I am nofing, wifout me it is nofing.

Orks of the Steel Toez klan- 3000 pts
Empire-4000+ pts
Menoth- Kreoss, Reznik, and Feora +40 pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

freerunforfun
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by freerunforfun » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 am

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. And yes of course there is similarities, all games have similarities. But I think that this game could become popular if effort is put in, I also have this mate who is an awesome artist to do some drawings on some of the troops/units that could be used in the game. I wanted to post here to see if anyone wanted to help with rule set outs and later on, the fluff and other things like that.

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:54 pm

I know it's very late but I do like the idea of this game. Would it be a skirmish game or would it be in regiments or squads like warhammer?
Curahee!

Return to “The Community Game”