Warships Game (Simple Overview) I need ideas :P

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
feddog
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Warships Game (Simple Overview) I need ideas :P

Post by feddog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Over the last couple weeks I have been developing a game about battleships blowing the hell out of eachother. I havnt really thought out a story behind it yet and Ill keep that til last. So far I have created a version 1.0 datasheet for each ship in the game. It goes like this

As => Armor side- How tough the side armor of the ship is. Deals with dmg when it comes to Torpedoes, Kamakazies, mines, Kamakazie junkers.

Ad => Armor deck-How tough the deck of the ship is. Deals with Light and Heavy cannon fire, Bombs, Kamakazies.

C => Command- How powerful of a command a ship has over it. Deals with Mutany, repairs.

M => Movement - How far a ship will be able to move.
- Drift - Ship moves a 1/4 of how far it moved due to inertia.
- Ramming - Ships will be able to ram other
Structure dmg to enemy ships.

Tr => Turn rate - How fast a ship will be able to turn Based on a Nine sided polygon (which is a * to draw)

Cm => Communications - How far a ship can move out from the HQ ship without becoming a stragler. (I am still developnig this part)

S => Structure points - How many hits a ship can take without being destroyed. (Taking out the fact that a ship could be killed with one hit to make it more enjoyable)

For models I am using scale battleships from a hobby store.
1/700
1/1200
etc.

Im not into the whole Historical thing. Im not making a historical game, I am just taking ships from different kits and throwing them together.
Im still developing:
Aircraft Carriers
Aircraft
Weapon systems - Shooting, Drift, Types, etc
Types of boats
Submarines
etc.

So yeah leave any comments or ideas :D
Necrons - 2000
orks - 2250

Only a true man dies fighting, I for one run away.

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Warships Game (Simple Overview) I need ideas :P

Post by SageMonkey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 pm

We're already developing and playtesting our community game, lol. But, as a personal project, this could be interesting for you. Sorry I wasn't able to read over it thoroughly, but perhaps you'd like to contribute to our community game? We need as much help as we can get :)

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Warships Game (Simple Overview) I need ideas :P

Post by easycompany » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:46 pm

SageMonkey wrote:We're already developing and playtesting our community game, lol. But, as a personal project, this could be interesting for you. Sorry I wasn't able to read over it thoroughly, but perhaps you'd like to contribute to our community game? We need as much help as we can get :)
Would you be able to develop a game other than The Community Game here? I think this is the only only section of the forum suitable for it. If we can I'd like to help feddog. I like the idea of a naval wargame. I've been developing rules myself recently for this kind of game
Curahee!

Return to “The Community Game”