Changing the game to an RPG?

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Changing the game to an RPG?

Post by SageMonkey » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:03 am

jaman wrote:ok i think i get it now, so lets stop talking about it and do it

sage im gessing your dooing the fluff/backstory again, and i wouldnt mind at comming up with the game mechanichs if thats ok
Yeah, I can do the fluff and you can do the actual game, but I kind of have an idea of what I'd like to implement into the game as far as new mechanics go, so how about I write a skeleton draft of the basic rules for movement, combat, and player interactions, PM it to you with a list of things I'd like you to do to help flesh out the rules, and then you take it from there.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by orkmek101 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 pm

i agree that we do need range but i was wondering if i could help out with the rules since i have a bit of experience my self. i have nice cc rules that we could maybe use. and just to make sure, this is a game that will be played on a boardright???. since i got a bit confused with the verbal range and maping it out.

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:34 pm

SageMonkey wrote:
jaman wrote:ok i think i get it now, so lets stop talking about it and do it

sage im gessing your dooing the fluff/backstory again, and i wouldnt mind at comming up with the game mechanichs if thats ok
Yeah, I can do the fluff and you can do the actual game, but I kind of have an idea of what I'd like to implement into the game as far as new mechanics go, so how about I write a skeleton draft of the basic rules for movement, combat, and player interactions, PM it to you with a list of things I'd like you to do to help flesh out the rules, and then you take it from there.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey
that would be fine, it means that im building on your idea, not taking you concept and changing it, as would happen if i did it by my self. i actually cant wait to get started on this.

i think we need to come up with a schedule so that we don't lose momentum on this.

orkmek you in put into the rules will be welcome, once sage has given me the basics and ive had my first go at flesh them out i will post them on a new topic in this sub forum, then on there you can make your sugestions

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:58 am

Alright Jaman, I'm very busy this month with school and Deathmatch and other things, and next month will also be busy for me (first week I'm away and I will have painting to do) but I can figure something out. I can try to write a basic outline next week and send it to you, and then you'll be able to write some rules.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by orkmek101 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:44 am

k cool, anyways i was just wondering if werre using the races from the other community game, since i know werre using fire arms but i just want know what the time is in.
Last edited by orkmek101 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:54 am

SageMonkey wrote:Alright Jaman, I'm very busy this month with school and Deathmatch and other things, and next month will also be busy for me (first week I'm away and I will have painting to do) but I can figure something out. I can try to write a basic outline next week and send it to you, and then you'll be able to write some rules.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey
i know how you feel