came concept maybe????

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

came concept maybe????

Post by orkmek101 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:21 am

while i was watching histiry channel at home, there was a comercial for graetest tank battles, a new show that was coming. so, that made me want to make a tank game, however i decided that we could maybe make it together since iam not sure werre to start. although i was thinking of maybe WWII area since i have a 1:72 scale sherman tank and there pretty cheap for the price. basically thats it, i just thinking of an all armouir battle :D

orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: came concept maybe????

Post by orkmek101 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:27 pm

anyways if anybody is interested please post a comment so we could get started, i find that an all out crazy tank only and armoured vehicles like half tracks and other stuff would be sweet.

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 pm

its an ok idea but u might want to read the other threads first to see where we are at

orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by orkmek101 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:08 pm

i have already read the other threads and i find that the progress is great but i just wanted to see if we could have another game werre you could bring in a squad or even just one tank or armoured vehicle and just have some fun with HEAVY armour vehicles. no infintry, just HEAVY ARMOURED vehicles 8) . and that we incorporate somme historical facts like how a panzer could blow a hole throuh a sherman, and have tanks with diferent weapons like AT gun or a heavy mortar. and that each tank has a crew that can be upgrade like the driver could become an engineer and repaires take less time. Anyways its just a concept and am wondering if anybody would like to join :D

elocnailo
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by elocnailo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 am

On the top of your tank u should be able to have like rockit lancher units on a deck to help take down enemys

orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by orkmek101 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

ya, that would be cool, you could maybe also have somme snipers to take out tank commanders. but yes, i like that ideal, maybe you could have somme transports with maybe a thew men with rockets to deploy out, shoot and get back in for cover,

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 am

This is a great idea guys, but as Jaman said, we are already working on some rules for a miniatures game, so we would rather not change it now. You guys are free to make something yourself, but we're already working on something.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by orkmek101 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 am

yes, i knoe your already making a game and i like it, but this a COMPLETLY diferent game. anyways, i was thinking of 4 different classes of armour, heavy, medium, light and command. you need at least one command, 2 medium, up 5 light, and up to 2 heavy. in the heavy classes, there should be heavyly armoured tanks and tanks armoured with at guns. the medium id just the basic tank, the light is halftraks and light tanks, and the command is basicaly a medium tank with extra armour. please give feedback. :D

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 pm

SageMonkey wrote:This is a great idea guys, but as Jaman said, we are already working on some rules for a miniatures game, so we would rather not change it now. You guys are free to make something yourself, but we're already working on something.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

OMG Sage ur allive =], how are your faction rules coming along, im hoping to get mine done around febuary some time.

sorry for the hijack, thoughh back on topic you idea sounds a lot like falmes of war, so i would check that out if i were you

orkmek101
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by orkmek101 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:58 pm

alright, my idea is more that each tank gets a number of actions depending on the crew of the tank, lets say that the light tanks have 1 driver a 1 gunnman. they get one mouvement and on shot since they have 1 driver and 1 gunman. a light tank has unlimited manouevers. so it could mouve with he's action and turn or change direction any amount of times he wants. the gunnman gets to shoot once with one weapon since he is only one and receives one action. the driven can shoot a mg in the front if he wish's for 1 action instead of mouving. thats what i had in mind. a medium tank has 1 driver and 2 gunners and can only manouver once without spending an action. diferent weapons need diferent actions, lets say an at gun needs three action to shoot, but if you only are two gunners, you will have to save up to shoot your gun. please comment so we could maybe get this game going :D