Website

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Website

Post by Marine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:12 pm

I have created a freewebs site where I post the rules and pictures of sculpting and eventually painting. I will post Sage's Faction Content and have already posted the main rules.
Counting graves like sheep
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Website

Post by SageMonkey » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:I have created a freewebs site where I post the rules and pictures of sculpting and eventually painting. I will post Sage's Faction Content and have already posted the main rules.
Link?

Well can you make Jaman and I moderators so we can just do quick updates whenever we have written something? It would be a lot simpler than having to go through you to post any rules or concepts or anything really.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:19 pm

I can just PM you the pass
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 pm

ok could you post a link and PM myself and Sage monkey the account login info

i would have rather you talked to us before stating this as it is a major step in the development of the game that we may not be ready for yet, as in the rules are just in rough when the time comes i will compile a rule book and post a link to a file sharing website or ask if the rules will be able to be downloaded from MWG itself

as such we also need to complete these tasks before the game is even remotely ready for a website

- come up with faction stat lines
-test rules
-implement test findings into the rules and retest until we are happy with them
- come up with/commission some concept art for the factions
- start to sculpt models from concept art
- look into casting methods/costs
-look at alternative models for ground zero earth
-put together a central rule book and maybe faction books though this may come in main rule book
- look into a dedicated website for the game, not just a free webs account, i know of a person who can do it cheaply and host it at low cost

so yeah once again i love the enthusiasm but i think it was a bit premature

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm

jaman wrote:ok could you post a link and PM myself and Sage monkey the account login info

i would have rather you talked to us before stating this as it is a major step in the development of the game that we may not be ready for yet, as in the rules are just in rough when the time comes i will compile a rule book and post a link to a file sharing website or ask if the rules will be able to be downloaded from MWG itself

as such we also need to complete these tasks before the game is even remotely ready for a website

- come up with faction stat lines
-test rules
-implement test findings into the rules and retest until we are happy with them
- come up with/commission some concept art for the factions
- start to sculpt models from concept art
- look into casting methods/costs
-look at alternative models for ground zero earth
-put together a central rule book and maybe faction books though this may come in main rule book
- look into a dedicated website for the game, not just a free webs account, i know of a person who can do it cheaply and host it at low cost

so yeah once again i love the enthusiasm but i think it was a bit premature
I agree, way to early.

I think we should have the faction rules in the main book, just to save file space.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:36 pm

its a WIP. It was actually created by my friend but he got bored and gave me the password.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 pm

fair enough

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 pm

it kinda ticked me off having a crud file dumped on me.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:49 pm

at least you tried to put the file to good use

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:37 pm

jaman wrote:at least you tried to put the file to good use
Having friends that just make you do stuff isn't nice. I really hope he stops. He found rules for a game that I was piecing together and made a website for that, too. At least he was nice enough to *copyasta the rules.

*Word invented by my brother meaning copy/paste
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Return to “The Community Game”