MOdels to be used

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

MOdels to be used

Post by Jaman » Sat May 23, 2009 6:35 pm

hey scinec we are going to a scirmish game to be gin with i need to hae some help finding models

at the moment allll i have is

pigiorn productions.

Jombo
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: MOdels to be used

Post by Jombo » Sat May 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Jaman, since I won't be writing the rules, feel free to start with any version of the game you want. In fact, this whole game is in your hands right now, so you can do anything you want with it.
Splinter Fleet Phobos

Bought: [----[+]---------------] 448/1750
Assembled: [--[+]-----------------] 232/1750
Painted: [+]-------------------] 0/1750

Click for videos of Tyranids and Terrain! (Coming Soon)

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sat May 23, 2009 6:40 pm

i recon scirmish size game will work best ( first time rule writer here)

14ascheck
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by 14ascheck » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:53 pm

If we're going to use normal plastic soldiers I suggest the following for the big battle game, since they're nice and small. (These are all scale 1/72.)

22 mm Airfix: British Infantry [These guys are dandy because they have lots of poses, an automatic (I think it's a Bren or something,) and a figure that's lying down (going to ground.)]

22 mm Airfix: Afrika Korps [These ones have caps and helmets, which could represent two different units, heavy armor, etc.; also, they have figures lying down, a submachine gune, and a guy with a shovel (which could be good for creative stuff.)]

22 mm Airfix: U.S. Marines [A great set, which even has a raft, as well as guys lying down, a LMG, and a bazooka.]

22 mm Airfix: Japanese Infantry [Caps, LMG, a trumpet, and a flag; perhaps as a morale booster?]

I can look for different scales too.
Tyranid Hive Fleet Tempest - 2,700 Points and growing...
Tau - 176 points (Slow but steady...)
92% of teens (and 'young folks') have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:24 am

mabey like an epic version (ie you have whole units on one base)

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 am

i think i may have found some minis that we could use

urban mamoth

they look like fairly desent sculpts and considering forces wont be to large it shouldnt cost to much

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 am

We could use the Urban War VASA, Viridian, and Gladiators in the game. Gladiators would be the Wasteland Gangs, VASA and Viridian would be the human colonies, now all we need to find are models for the ferals (PigIron miniatures have some Feral guys) and for the mutants.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:31 am

yeah sounds good to me we could eventually tie in the other boxes/races they produce as it would mean that we could build up the numbers of factions

(personally i really liked the junkers army)

SageMonkey
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:46 am

I was looking at the Necromunda models and they seem to fit our idea perfectly. The Ratskins, Scavvies, and Pit slaves could work for the Ferals. The other gangs (except for Van Saar) would work as the Wasteland Gangers, and you could use the gouls and Zombies as the mutants. The Human Colonies would be represented with Urban War models and maybe even AT-43 models.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:54 am

right oh now we have that sorted i can get on with working out the dynamics of the game

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:20 am

For the dynamics, you should try and make it as realistic as possible. I thought that we could have rules for getting into cover, flipping from one spot of cover to another, blind firing, destroying terrain with explosives. I also think that weather should play a role in the game, like if it's raining at night, the rain and darkness will make it harder to see and hear people (this could be shown by reducing the range a model can shoot and if a model can spot another model).

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:01 am

On the topic of models, I am sculpting Hunter Faction Models already.

To bad I suck at sculpting :o
Counting graves like sheep
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:31 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:On the topic of models, I am sculpting Hunter Faction Models already.

To bad I suck at sculpting :o
Yeah, that might not be the best of ideas as we haven't even figured out the rules or fluff for any of these factions and the game (well at least not completely). Maybe you should hold off on that just for a little while, but your enthusiasm is very appreciated :wink: .

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Okay, Sage, Jaman, I got a proposition for you. I decided to sculpt the mini anyway since I had already mixed the green stuff, and it turned out pretty well. If someone can figure out how to cast models and tell me how, I cast make molds and copy them. I was thinking about making a Red Colony Soldier, and I was wondering what you thought of that, and what a red colony soldier would look like. I was thinking something like the old Valhallan miniatures for GW with the fur hats and coats. What do you guys think of all this?
Counting graves like sheep
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:Okay, Sage, Jaman, I got a proposition for you. I decided to sculpt the mini anyway since I had already mixed the green stuff, and it turned out pretty well. If someone can figure out how to cast models and tell me how, I cast make molds and copy them. I was thinking about making a Red Colony Soldier, and I was wondering what you thought of that, and what a red colony soldier would look like. I was thinking something like the old Valhallan miniatures for GW with the fur hats and coats. What do you guys think of all this?
Before we go ahead and say yes to this (although it is a good idea), I think you should PM us with pics of the model you sculpted, so we can see what you've done. I was thinking of sculpting the Red Colony troops myself, but if your work is nice, then we can leave it to you.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey