MOdels to be used

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: MOdels to be used

Post by Marine » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:50 am

I agree
Counting graves like sheep
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:35 am

Yeah, if we had our own model range we could make money and we wouldn't be limited to the artistic styles of other Wargames miniatures that we would have to use if we didn't have our own range.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:41 am

I am almost finished sculpting a new model whom I call "Captain Boris Aleksandr" Red Colony Hero guy. He has his left hand replaced with a pistol that reacts to his nerves, and a cape. In the model it looks like he is commanding men to move forward. Think of him as a Guard Commisar lookin guy that doesn't shoot his subordinates. And he doesn't have that stupid hat.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:55 am

awww i love the peaked caps =] any wa y the rules are almost done i just need to play test them befor i can post them for you lot to play test ( ie there is no point in giving you lot a half done set of rules)

SageMonkey
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:58 am

WOLVERINES! wrote:I am almost finished sculpting a new model whom I call "Captain Boris Aleksandr" Red Colony Hero guy. He has his left hand replaced with a pistol that reacts to his nerves, and a cape. In the model it looks like he is commanding men to move forward. Think of him as a Guard Commisar lookin guy that doesn't shoot his subordinates. And he doesn't have that stupid hat.

Pictures?

I think that a cape would be unnecessary on the field, especially since this is a skirmish game. I also think we shouldn't sculpt anything before the rules for all the different units and heroes in the game are finished (I'll take care of that once I read the rules Jaman has written).

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 am

sage monkey do you want to split that up as a work load ieill take FPE and hunters if you want to do the others

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm already sculpting hunters and an FPE lookin dude. You can take FPE but i need the hunters.

I NEED THEM. plus they were my idea...
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:47 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:I'm already sculpting hunters and an FPE lookin dude. You can take FPE but i need the hunters.

I NEED THEM. plus they were my idea...
I am taking Red Colony, just because :wink: . I don't mind if you take hunters, why would I, and FPE can go to Jaman. We'll worry about the other factions (Resistance and Ferals, along with Mercenaries which I don't think I need to write fluff for yes :wink: ) later, but I think I'll do the Mercenaries.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 pm

ok ill get on with FPE and ferals

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:42 pm

I feel like making a small group that is like the south american FPE.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:55 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:I feel like making a small group that is like the south american FPE.
As in a new faction, or just because you want to sculpt some South American FPE troops? Because I really can't see the necessity in creating a whole new faction (which I will inevitably write the fluff for) just because someone "feels like it". Sorry if I sound harsh, but I really think we should stick with the five (six if you include Mercenaries) factions we have now.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm

yeah not to many faction for now when 40k started it only had around 4/5

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 pm

I meant just a sculpt...

because I'm bored.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:22 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:I meant just a sculpt...

because I'm bored.
Well do it! And don't forget to post pics when your done :wink: !

I was thinking guys, if I could be the main painter on this project? I'm not all that good a sculptor, and if WOLVERINES is really into sculpting, then I think we should let him practice and get better, so that he can head the sculpting. Maybe I could just practice painting, so that when we do get some of our models cast, I can paint them up for us. I could still sculpt, but painting is really my thing.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:05 pm

I sculpted an arm on my random miniature (team to be decided) in a way that it messes up the face so now I have to sculpt the head on a different piece of wire, wait for it to almost harden the slip it off the wire somehow and glue it to another miniature.

as for being a sculpting master, wait for me to get this face and a picture of him before that.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Return to “The Community Game”