Game Concept

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Game Concept

Post by Marine » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Well with the hunters, there could be a thing where you take a berserker lord and only one 3 man group of rangers, and then only berserkers, and if you take a Ranger lord, only one group of berserkers, and the rest rangers or riflemen.

It could be like army specialization or something.
Counting graves like sheep
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:37 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:Well with the hunters, there could be a thing where you take a berserker lord and only one 3 man group of rangers, and then only berserkers, and if you take a Ranger lord, only one group of berserkers, and the rest rangers or riflemen.

It could be like army specialization or something.
Please, instead of posting double and triple posts, just edit your original comment. It gets very confusing when trying to figure out what you are saying when oyur idea is split into three or four separate posts.

I think the game could be like Warmachine, without a force organization chart, just with a limit of the number of the same unit you can take (so it would say in the berserkers' statline that you can have a max of 3 units in your force).

Yes you can PM me with your ideas for the hunters.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:53 pm

wow miss a week and a lot happens, any way i really like the hunters idea

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:37 pm

jaman wrote:wow miss a week and a lot happens, any way i really like the hunters idea
someone modeled a hunter model
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 pm

could someone repost in one mega post all the rules and races in one so i dont have to look through the thread?
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

SageMonkey
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:40 pm

locbot wrote:could someone repost in one mega post all the rules and races in one so i dont have to look through the thread?
Yeah I think we can arrange that, but the rules aren't completely finished yet (at least that's what Jaman has told me). Once the rules have been put together, Jaman will post them and I will make a post with all the Factions and their individual back stories.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 pm

SageMonkey wrote:
locbot wrote:could someone repost in one mega post all the rules and races in one so i dont have to look through the thread?
Yeah I think we can arrange that, but the rules aren't completely finished yet (at least that's what Jaman has told me). Once the rules have been put together, Jaman will post them and I will make a post with all the Factions and their individual back stories.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey
thanks
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Why don't we call the game

Aftermath: Earth
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:47 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:Why don't we call the game

Aftermath: Earth
Sorry, we already have a name, Groundzero: Earth. But both those names are quite similar, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:16 pm

I saw that name, I just kinda didn't like it, it didn't have a ring to it.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:I saw that name, I just kinda didn't like it, it didn't have a ring to it.
id rather Battlefield: Earth
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 am

locbot wrote:
WOLVERINES! wrote:I saw that name, I just kinda didn't like it, it didn't have a ring to it.
id rather Battlefield: Earth
Battlefield: Earth is a little cheesy, and I think it's been taken as a film name (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember a movie by that name). I think that Groundzero: Earth makes more sense than Aftermath as Earth (in the fluff) has really become Ground Zero. We'll see what Jaman thinks and then we will decide from there.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:04 am

i really don't know i do really like aftermath earth, but considering the game is set a few years after the calamity ( i think ) its no longer really an aftermath, also battlefield earth dosent sorta work, as much of earth inst a battlefield

sorry guys groundzero it is but i love the ideas so keep them coming =]

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 am

Yeah I checked Battlefield Earth on IMDB, and it turns out the name is already taken by a cheesy Sci Fi movie starring John Travolta.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:36 am

well with "aftermath" just look at post world war II europe, the aftermath lasted about fifteen years, and with the game, your still living in the after effects of the nuclear war thing. And plus, like I said, Groundzero Earth doesn't have a ring to it.
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Return to “The Community Game”