Game Concept

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Game Concept

Post by SageMonkey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Seems good, but I don't think it's a good idea to start writin g special rules before the rules are even done.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 pm

oh no the rules (well the mechanics) are almost done but to get a game that can be played i need to come up with special rules for two factions so that the modifiers can be tested properly

SageMonkey
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:56 pm

jaman wrote:oh no the rules (well the mechanics) are almost done but to get a game that can be played i need to come up with special rules for two factions so that the modifiers can be tested properly
Okay here are some Red Colony special rules:

For Colony!:

Every Red Colony man, woman, and child has a burning devotion to the Colony and it's people. They will defend their home at all costs, and fight with a passion against those that would defile the Colony's vision.

Once per game any Red Colony unit on the board that is indicated as having this special rule may re roll a single leadership (or whatever we are using) test, but must accept the second result, even if it is lower than the original result. Each unit indicated as having this special rule may only do this once.

Advance! Advance!:

Once per game, if the leader of your army is still alive, he may choose to take a single leadership test (the For Colony! rule does not apply here). If he passes it, every Red Colony model that is able to move that turn must do so. Every moving model also receives a +3 bonus to their Speed (or whatever we are using), which transfers into a +6 bonus when running (or whatever we are using). Also, if any unit that is able to charge (or whatever we are using) an enemy unit, they may do so even if they ran that turn.

Dig In:

The Red Colony armed forces are renowned for their ability to dig in and hold their ground in battle.

Any Red Colony unit that is in cover may choose re roll any pinning (or whatever we are using) and Fall Back (or whatever we are using) tests as long as their squad leader is still alive, but they must accept the second result, no matter how good or bad it is. Independent characters may always use this rule.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 pm

i like it just need to read the fluff on tyhe other factions and get back to the rules

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 am

jaman wrote:i like it just need to read the fluff on tyhe other factions and get back to the rules
Yeah I don't think I have written the fluff for the Ferals yet have I? If not I'll get to it right away so we can get moving with the rules.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:29 am

no problem just can u tie in the rules i have written for them =]

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 am

jaman wrote:no problem just can u tie in the rules i have written for them =]
Yeah sure, no problem.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:10 am

SageMonkey wrote:
Yeah sure, no problem.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey
i just skimed over this thread and noticed that you guys kinda forgot about the pirate idea. not that this futur ones bad... but i liked the pirate idea...
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:58 am

locbot wrote:
SageMonkey wrote:
Yeah sure, no problem.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey
i just skimed over this thread and noticed that you guys kinda forgot about the pirate idea. not that this futur ones bad... but i liked the pirate idea...
It wasn't being developed by anyone, so I stepped in and gave my own idea, and then it escalated from there.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Faction Idea:

Hunters:

High Cost Units, Powerful marksman mostly, with some units that have no range attacks and powerful melee. NO VEHICLES. Maybe some sort of Stealth? I dunno.

Ranger: One Attack, High possibility of hitting, low armor, no melee
Riflemen: Two Attacks, Medium hit possibility, medium armor, low melee
Berserker: High Armor, High Melee
Ranger Lord: Three Attacks, High Hit possibility, Medium Melee, Medium Armor
Berserker Lord: One Attack, Low Hit Possibility, High Melee, High Armor

The Hunters left society to avoid the horrible things that were happening. They were often mistaken for an enemy and have learned not to trust others not of their faction. They have a network of these groups throughout the world, On the African Savannah, The North American Forests, Many places in Asia, and many others besides. They accept initiates, but it takes a long time before the initiates are trusted. The only non-hostile relationship they have is with the Red Colony (Has that faction been decided yet? Whatever).
Counting graves like sheep
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:55 pm

I've decided to join the conversation since it intriges me so much.

I noticed no one has said enything about australia so I decided to inspire the race.

AWL (Australian World Liberators)

Australia heard of the coming drought before any other country. So to prepare for the enebitible, they commenced constuction of military wepons, far stronger then the ones at the hands of the United States, Europe, China. Japan, or Russians. They constructed 10kW Hand Held wepons that could deliever 3 degree burns in second. They did this very discreatly thought, the only people who know were an Australian Sercret Servic know as, AWL. They were Australia's secret military that was going to expand once war broke and Australia would force Australian's to fight. In this expansion however, AWL only created wepons that were very...well stationary. The army was basiclly a firing platform, and once war broke, was prepared to kill in there new nano-tech armor.

Bio: Very Good Range. Better in Numbers. Desent Armor. Very Bad CC. Average Movement.

Apperance: They were white nano-armor pates with orange strips. Their helmets look much like race car helmets as they are round than normal. (nano-tech armor isn't better than normal armor but it locks out deceise) The helmet also has a built in air purifier that is sometimes glitchy.(ie: if taking a hazardesss terrain test or whatever were gonna call it, its harder like, 3+ instead of the average which im guessing is 5+ and he fails.).

Thanks for reading please leave suggestions!
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Anyone think the hunters idea is good?
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

Marine
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Marine » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Wait... WAIT A SECOND! Locbot !@$#! You took the strengths and weaknesses that I just mentioned!
Don't help you sleep.

My Brothers in arms...

It was a mistake

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

WOLVERINES! wrote:Wait... WAIT A SECOND! Locbot !@$#! You took the strengths and weaknesses that I just mentioned!
well 1st, yours soundsd more like the woodsy type because they have beserkurz and hunters, mine are more a high tech only shotty army with no meele kinda like tau. i didn't want to say but now i have to...
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Guys hold up, Jaman and I are going to discuss the faction and then the one that we choose will get it's own more developed fluff (written by me). So don't decide anything yet.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Return to “The Community Game”