Game Concept

Some members of the MiniWarGaming Community wanted to develop their own game; this is the official place to do that! Keep in mind that this is not related to MiniWarGaming's own project, Primal Horizon.
Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Game Concept

Post by Jaman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46 am

SageMonkey wrote:I mean that the models don't make sense (junkers), and the backround needs a little revision (where they came from, patrols being 'drunk').
i felt that where they came from was fine as they look slightly Roman ( but i assumed Rome was destroyed and so they came from Pompay) i also agree with you though that part of their back story is a bit weak and could do with some changes
SageMonkey wrote: I think VASA and pig iron Kolony would work great with the Red Colony story.
that makes absolute sense, esetialy when you give the kolony these heads

also found some models we could use for the feral, here and here i was thinking that we could use the first lot as the basic feral troops and the dude on the rat can be the co
Last edited by Jaman on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

SageMonkey
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:00 am

I can't see the pics of the models, it just sends me to the front page of the GW site. Just tell me what they are.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

SageMonkey
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SageMonkey » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:23 pm

FPE background:

The FPE, Free Peoples of Earth, are the most powerful faction on shattered Earth. Being the remnants of the NAEU means that they have almost all the military might of Europe and North America at their disposal.

The FPE's goal is simple. Reunite the humans of Earth into one colony, so that they may repopulate, and restructure the planet. This is not so easy though. The FPE faces resistance on all sides, from the crazed Ferals, to even their neighbor, Red Colony. Due to this, the FPE is constantly at war with the other factions of Earth, leading to a constant overuse of their dwindling resources, for counterproductive purposes.

The FPE's society is strictly ruled, each citizen needing to obey his or her duties to the FPE. If anyone should disobey these rules, they are either executed, or thrown out to fend for themselves. Because of this strict mindset, it is easy to see why the FPE has such a strong military force.

The FPE's military is the most advanced and mobile military on Earth, using the most advanced weapons against their enemies. The only weakness the FPE armed forces have are their numbers. The average turn out of new members into the FPE armed forces per year, is under 2000. But they easily make up for this with their advanced technology, easily outclassing all other military forces on Earth.

Tell me what you think of this background fluff, I will write more tonight.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:09 am

nice work and i think i fixed the links

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:29 am

I'm ditching the mutant colony idea because it doesn't really work with the skirmish game idea. Instead we will just have the FPE, Red colony, Gangs, and Ferals. Here is my fluff for the Gangs.

The gangs of shattered Earth are one of the most present dangers to the FPE and Red Colony, because they are so numerous. It is impossible to tell exactly how many gangs have been established, since gangs are created and destroyed everyday, but most cities house at least two gangs. Although there are so many gangs, only one has grown into it's own fighting force. They are called the Resistance.

Resistance has grown to the size of a small society in present years, developing it's presense as a serious force on Earth. The FPE and Red Colony have noticed this sudden growth and have begun to take action against the Resistance, knowing that they will undo everything they have fought for. But this is no easy task, as the Resistance is unified, but they do not travel in large groups, rather they go about and hide amongst other gangs, recruiting them to their cause. Because of this, the Resistance is constantly growing without anything to hinder their progress.

Although they have numbers on their side, the Resistance lacks the technological advancements and weapons that the FPE and Red Colony have at their disposal. Most of the guns and weapons the Resistance utilize are from before Calamity, making them weaker then the newer weapons developed by the FPE. Although the Resistance does scavange FPE guns, they don't have enough to give to every one of it's many followers.

That's all for the gangs. Basically the Resistance will be an actual faction, but there will be rules and stats to make a generic gang fro yourself.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 am

jaman wrote:
SageMonkey wrote:I mean that the models don't make sense (junkers), and the backround needs a little revision (where they came from, patrols being 'drunk').
i felt that where they came from was fine as they look slightly Roman ( but i assumed Rome was destroyed and so they came from Pompay) i also agree with you though that part of their back story is a bit weak and could do with some changes

that makes absolute sense, esetialy when you give the kolony these heads

also found some models we could use for the feral, here and here i was thinking that we could use the first lot as the basic feral troops and the dude on the rat can be the co
I think the first link for the ferals makes sense, but I don't think the guy on the rat works with the game. I think that the Kolony ferals could also work, maybe as long range support since most of the ferals i saw in the pic had CC weapons like shotguns, pistols, knives.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:35 am

the second link i meant to say not the guy on the rat the other one (ie th one on foot) as a feral leader

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:31 pm

jaman wrote:the second link i meant to say not the guy on the rat the other one (ie th one on foot) as a feral leader
Yeah that might work.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Feral Background:

After Calamity, the world was hell. Humans were on the brink of extinction, and there seemed to be no hope. While the NAEU down into the FPE and Red Colony, and other humans formed the roving gangs of the Resistance, some turned down a much darker path. Religious fanatics and insane leaders swayed many humans into following them into their own insane ways of life. These groups eventually banded together to become what are now known as the Ferals.

The Ferals are humans, but they have lost their sanity and now live to attack and kill the other humans of shattered Earth. They hide away underground in the abandoned tunnels and mines of the planet, waiting for the ideal moment to cause havoc on the Surface World.

Although underdeveloped and technologically inferior to the other factions of Earth, the Ferals have strength in numbers. The Ferals have few long ranged ballistic weapons, and those Ferals that use them are considered gods amongst the others. Because of this lack of firepower, they have become adept in close quarters fighting. They use all manner of short range guns and close combat weapons, from shotguns, to sharpened pieces of piping.

The Ferals are also very trained in stealth combat. Every Feral troop is trained to hide from the enemy until they are close enough to kill them with their primitive weaponry. Because of this stealthy style of combat, the Ferals are feared all over shattered Earth.

That's the background for the Ferals. How's it going with the rules Jaman?

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:04 pm

sorta okish atm though im going away for the next 2 weeks but willl then have 3/4 weeks to get it finalised sorry for the wait

14ascheck
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by 14ascheck » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 am

This isn't a real problem, just a minor technicality, but 4,000 WMDs would crush us all. The human race would be gone. So I'd make it be less than that, but otherwise everything looks good.
Tyranid Hive Fleet Tempest - 2,700 Points and growing...
Tau - 176 points (Slow but steady...)
92% of teens (and 'young folks') have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Yeah that was a typo, fixed it to 400.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:02 pm

14ascheck wrote:This isn't a real problem, just a minor technicality, but 4,000 WMDs would crush us all. The human race would be gone. So I'd make it be less than that, but otherwise everything looks good.

unfortunately that's not quite true each wmd is capable of destroying 1 city ( im talking in rough figures) and there are a lot more than 4000 cities in the world. also their are all the people in the world who live in isolated areas, but this is just me

on a side note rules a further from completion as after a couple of run through games me and a friend found some fundamental errors, so should be finished by 1st of September max

SageMonkey

Post by SageMonkey » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 pm

jaman wrote:
14ascheck wrote:This isn't a real problem, just a minor technicality, but 4,000 WMDs would crush us all. The human race would be gone. So I'd make it be less than that, but otherwise everything looks good.

unfortunately that's not quite true each wmd is capable of destroying 1 city ( im talking in rough figures) and there are a lot more than 4000 cities in the world. also their are all the people in the world who live in isolated areas, but this is just me

on a side note rules a further from completion as after a couple of run through games me and a friend found some fundamental errors, so should be finished by 1st of September max
Alright, that's good.

Thanks,

-sagemonkey

Jaman

Post by Jaman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 pm

ok so i just thought of some special rules for ferals

saftey in numbers

ok basicly ferals will have no leadership/moral/whatever we are going to call it (forgot it of the top of my head) in their stat line

but they will get 1 point for every feral, and 2 points for every pack leader in the squad in the unit with them ( ie a unit of feral's has 4 ferals and a pack leader then the unit would have leadership 6) this is worked out every turn at the start of the turn ( ie the unit previously would work out its moral at the start of the turn and keep it for that turn and only that turn) this means that if the squad takes casulties then the moral lowers

tenacious

because of the mad almost beast like nature of ferals they will attack something until it or they die, as such a feral unit falling back is within 6 inches of another feral unit at the end of the fall back move will group with that unit, they will stop falling back and the the unit they join will also stop being pinned/falling back, if the unit being joined is in assault the new ferals may join the assault as if they have charged.

in fighting

unless a pack leader or Alfa is within 6 inches of a feral unit then the feral unit must roll on the folowing chart

1 -2 in fighting the unit starts attacking its self and deals its self as many attacks as it would have in a normal round of combat ( so if they all have 2 attacks and there were 3 ferals the unit would suffer 6 hits at the ferals strength rolling to hit and to would as normal)

4-6 acts as normal

naturally agile

due to the more mussel on ferals compared to normal humans they can move with unnatural speed.

due to this they add a +1 modifier to any unit shooting at them ( ie making a 3+ into a 4+)

terrifying

ferals are terrifying and so ad a +1 to the moral of a unit within 12" any feral and makes that unit take a moral test ( so if a unit would pass a moral test on a 4+ normally they would pass it on 5+ if they were within 12" of a feral)

so what do you think