Concept Art for Primal Horizont

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
iwan13
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Concept Art for Primal Horizont

Post by iwan13 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Hello there... I tried to get in touch with MWG staff via e-mail, but it turns out you have to do it over the forums. Since i don't go to forums much (it takes a huge bite out of your day) I though i could do everything over the mail, but hey I was wrong, so no harm no foul.

Back to the point. Ever since i saw the Primal Horizon video over at youtube (I'm a subscriber of MWG channel) I was intrigued by it, and also wanted to be a part of it.

So I did a concept art for the Shield faction, for now. You can view it HERE. (It's a bit bigger)

I am a graphics design student, that has a goal of becoming a professional concept artist. and this being a young project and me being an aspiring artist, I thought we could make a mutually beneficial relationship.

Cant wait for your feedback.

[EDIT: had to edit this several times to re upload the image, it was scaled down my the photobucket...]
Last edited by iwan13 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont Stop The Walk ...

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Concept Art for Primal Horizont

Post by Apa1994 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Very nice, I guess, cause i can´t see them. Are you sure the link is correct?!

iwan13
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by iwan13 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:51 pm

try now... photobucket scaled it down and made it blueish for some reason...
Dont Stop The Walk ...

Apa1994
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Now they work and I´m glad they do, cause that is sweet and to like the shield would be. Perhaps some more armour would be nice.

And the hair, well, its not the most important, but I would see some normal "war" hair. You dont have time to fix your hair if you´re in combat. :mrgreen:

iwan13
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by iwan13 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:49 pm

I see what you mean... But this was a pretty random hair, and I did not sent much time on it, I was more focused on the gear and their usage.
Dont Stop The Walk ...

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Nice, I like the art a lot. Looks very useful on the whole.

The only thing I didn't like was the Jock kind of thing they have... I just doesn't seem to leave much room for... well I don't know how to say that... dangle-y bits.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Infardi
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Infardi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 pm

MWG newsflash: this is just in, the Event also caused imputence. Women all across the globe laugh, men sink back into the shadows.
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."- Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

"If your the last man standing, then your not fighting hard enough!"

iwan13
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by iwan13 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 pm

@Joe: Hehehe. Yeah, it seems so. Also Im glad you like it. Then again, as you imagine, this is all successible to a change, if all goes well :]. And also there is no need for them to run around with bulges :mrgreen: , is there ?

@Infradi: Who knows, may be. But I dont know what on earth urged you to write something like that...
Dont Stop The Walk ...

Allurea
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Allurea » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

iwan13 wrote:@Joe: Hehehe. Yeah, it seems so. Also Im glad you like it. Then again, as you imagine, this is all successible to a change, if all goes well :]. And also there is no need for them to run around with bulges :mrgreen: , is there ?

Which begs the question why you drew them in such a way to draw attention to that area in the first place no?

Less detail in the crotch area, means the more attention people will pay to other details.

It's very good, I will let you know that we are not looking for anything in an anime, cartoon, or comic styling, but more realistic art.
If there isn't a zombie in the bathtub, it's not a zombie apocalypse!

iwan13
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by iwan13 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Well, I like to draw thing that atleast look useful, and believe me, that is useful, atleast for a man...

And also thank you for a constructive feedback, I will come up with more realistic design and style for you, hopefully you will find it appealing.
Dont Stop The Walk ...

Allurea
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Allurea » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:18 pm

iwan13 wrote:Well, I like to draw thing that atleast look useful, and believe me, that is useful, atleast for a man...

And also thank you for a constructive feedback, I will come up with more realistic design and style for you, hopefully you will find it appealing.

>.>

Cups go under clothing *cough*

iwan13
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by iwan13 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:36 am

Allurea wrote:
>.>

Go with the times :]. T-shirts used to go under too, and Superman wears his underwear on top of everything. My breaking the mould we go forward.
Dont Stop The Walk ...

Apa1994

Post by Apa1994 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:54 pm

iwan13 wrote:And also thank you for a constructive feedback, I will come up with more realistic design and style for you, hopefully you will find it appealing.
I wish you good luck, cause you are the first person who has (to me) come up with something that might be usefull for MWG, OK a couple of more ideas have been good, but you´re the best so far to me. :mrgreen:

Allurea
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Allurea » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 pm

iwan13 wrote:
Allurea wrote:
>.>

Go with the times :]. T-shirts used to go under too, and Superman wears his underwear on top of everything. My breaking the mould we go forward.
They were called undershirts, and we still have them today. T-Shirts are of a better quality material and are stitched better.

When Superman stops wearing his underwear over his tights, you might get men to wear cups on the outside of their pants, though they would be less useful that way.

Wattox8
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Wattox8 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 am

looks pretty sweet man, and is also how i see the shield looking so keep up the good work
Word Bearers - 1000 points (growing)