Good inspiration for you

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Good inspiration for you

Post by Apa1994 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok, I didn´t think of this before, which is very strange.

There is a game (computer) with the name Battlefield 2142, might heard of it. Anyway, its pretty simular to Primal Horizon, exept that its only a new ice age, and of course war for survival.

I would recommend that you check out some gameplay on youtube or even buy the game.
You could get lots of inspiration for your game, both for fluff and gameplay, since its very much like Primal Horizon, if you´re out of cover, you´re dead!

Intro movie

Another movie

And some gameplay

You dont need to copy, this is just for bringing you some fresh ideas!

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Good inspiration for you

Post by Fusebox45 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:58 pm

I personnally think that that's a bad example. BF 2142 has organized armies and lots of tech.

If anything, the best example I can think of is Fallout.

Corpsey
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Corpsey » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Try frontlines: fuel of war. its almost like a middle ground between now and 2142.

I think fallout is a bad example, mainly because of the mutations, zombies and ghouls. not to mention its a nuclear Armageddon, as opposed to just an 'event'.
The Rule Monkey is always right. Always.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Well it's not a PERFECT example, the best would probably be The Road, but video game wise, I can't think of a better example

Corpsey
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Corpsey » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 pm

STALKER series?
The Rule Monkey is always right. Always.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pm

OH YEAH! Right!

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 am

Fusebox45 wrote:I personnally think that that's a bad example. BF 2142 has organized armies and lots of tech.

If anything, the best example I can think of is Fallout.
Ok, organized armies probably isn´t Primal Horizon. But remeber that in the fluff that Matt wrote it says that humans made lots of new war stuff, and I dont think every single grenade was lost. :mrgreen:

MrRoboto75
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrRoboto75 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:50 pm

What about Warzone 2100? It had an apocalyptic event, a group called "the project" who were trying to recover the technology (similar to the shields), Raders attacking, as well as other rival "projects" to contend with.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Anyone else finds the first vid, first minute, the music is about the same as pirates of the carribbean (He's a pirate).
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube