Suppresive fire!

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Suppresive fire!

Post by DracoAvian » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:09 am

I think there should be a rule of Suppressive Fire. It lowers your accuracy but it increases the chance of pinning or suppressing an enemy unit.

Basically: Less Killy more hiding behind cover.

While we're here... I think that if a unit is suppressed they should get an increased cover save because they are trying to avoid all those shots by ducking behind cover.

Thoughts?
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

CptKracker
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Suppresive fire!

Post by CptKracker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:29 am

I like it, different modes of fire sound like a gateway to great strategy!

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:34 am

I say that this sounds like a good idea.

Imagine real life were you just shoot lots and lots of shots against the enemy with no trace of accuracy.

In game terms, this could be some thing like this:
Fire twice as many shots (or just an extra, no idea) with a +3,4 or 5 extra to the modifier. But instead hits are 3,4 or 5 under the "to kill" roll.

I think this is realy great for tactical stuff. :mrgreen:

AlexDemille
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by AlexDemille » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:07 am

I think it would be +1 or 2 shots and only hits allowed no kills. But always hits on a 9 or 10+.