Marauder miniatures

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Marauder miniatures

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:45 am

I'd like to know what kind of style are you going for with the bandits, Road Warrior looking guys with makeshift armor that looks like hockey gear and mohawks, Or more along the lines of more realistic trench coat wearin', rifle packin', cold hearted bad butts in balaclavas?

I personally prefer the latter. Road Warriors bandits always looked rather silly to me. Also seeing as this is a more realistic game by the looks of it...

OnyxBlade159
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Marauder miniatures

Post by OnyxBlade159 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:02 pm

the first style of marauders you mentioned sounds a lot like the raiders from Fallout 3 lol

I like the latter idea for marauders
I never said it was your fault, I said I was going to kill you first THEN blame you!
-------
Even in death's embrace, a Seraph still soars
-------
The Black Dawn is coming.
-------
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:15 pm

I PREFER THE TRENCH COAT BAD butt THEY JUST SOUND MENACINING

Allurea
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Allurea » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

We have a lot of ideas at the moment. Still trying to peg down exactly how we want them to look.

Ironblood
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Ironblood » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:34 pm

I picture them somewhere in between, something like the bad guys form the movie the postman, while also being both different kinds as well. A thief is a thief is a thief some groups of marauders may prefer smash and grab vehicle mounted assaults where some prefer the sneaky knock off the guards with sniper rifles and stealthy ambushes approach.

Who has time to sew a bunch of identical uniforms when there are supplies and ammo to go steal form shield camps and outposts! :twisted:

Corpsey
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Corpsey » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:38 pm

I enjoyed that movie.

And i agree with that style of dress to a degree. Bandits should just be a gritty, ragtag bunch wearing whatever they've found that's protects them enough from the elements/etc. Not much unlike what the Zone STALKERS seem to wear.
The Rule Monkey is always right. Always.

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Puppettamer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:08 am

hope its more like the second idea road warrior bandits looked goofy in my opinio but they did have some cool things that you could incorpriate in, I pictured bandits all geared up like you see protesters in riots with the hankerchief and googles lol.

TD-DarkWarrior
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by TD-DarkWarrior » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:39 pm

OnyxBlade159 wrote:the first style of marauders you mentioned sounds a lot like the raiders from Fallout 3 lol

I like the latter idea for marauders
i think so to i think they should more like the random waste dwellers that arent brotherhood but not raiders
Space Marines(Crusader Brotherhood)-1800 points

Shae tier list-22 pints

FSA-0