treason

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

treason

Post by dingpong » Sun May 31, 2009 6:17 pm

Just wondering if there could be shield vs. shield battles cause i know that different tribes of Galagido and different gangs of Marauders could fight each other but could there be treason or civil war or something of that sort in the ranks of the shield now that i am writing this i realized that for that battle on could be called renegade shield but is it a good idea?
480 - Space Marines (i'm nooby i know)
Welcome To Pwnation
http://www.youtube.com/shadowmarinearmy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Corpsey
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Re: treason

Post by Corpsey » Sun May 31, 2009 7:08 pm

well, if there's Sisters fighting battle brothers, with some guardsmen thrown into the fray, i'm sure there's some kind of workable method of finding a loophole that these can fit into to fight each other, lol.
The Rule Monkey is always right. Always.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:15 am

You could say the battle was a training exercise. You don't necessarily have to be killing eachother.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Orkey Shoota Boy
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #4

Post by Orkey Shoota Boy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:24 am

They wouldn't have the ammo to waste on training exercises. Even blanks would have to be saved for scaring the enemy.
This is my lasgun. There are many like it but this one is by far the worst.

I also have Flesh Tearers.

And Lizardmen.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 am

It wouldn't have to be live ammunition. It could be nerf darts for all that I care. It could be the military version laser-tag.

Don't tell me that tech was wiped out. Some guy had to be able to figure out how to make laser pointers set of a whirring/buzzing machine.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:02 am

Definitely.

There are sub-factions within factions, and they could easily have reasons to fight each other.

blackvaultz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by blackvaultz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 pm

sweet sub-factions means i could do a norse mythology themed galagido army :mrgreen:
THE CAKE IS A LIE

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:27 pm

The Galagido are pacific island/south american natives... Norse mythology doesn't really fit in there ;)

That doesn't mean you can give a differently-themed army the same units though :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:50 pm

MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:The Galagido are pacific island/south american natives... Norse mythology doesn't really fit in there ;)

That doesn't mean you can give a differently-themed army the same units though :)
how about galagido from norse counties/artic circle (e eskimos)

blackvaultz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by blackvaultz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 pm

eh wait so i could do the norse thing but wouldnt the shaman be more like a druid?
THE CAKE IS A LIE

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Sure. You can really do whatever you want.

We'll even have faction and unit creation rules so you can make your own factions from scratch.

Matthew

dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by dingpong » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:57 pm

Sooooo what you are saying matt is that there could be different chapters (or companies or different bases trying to get the same supplies) of the Shield? k cause my friends would probably want to be the shield with me
480 - Space Marines (i'm nooby i know)
Welcome To Pwnation
http://www.youtube.com/shadowmarinearmy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

OnyxBlade159
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by OnyxBlade159 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 pm

miniwargaming wrote: We'll even have faction and unit creation rules so you can make your own factions from scratch.
our own factions? matt...... YOU ROCK! lol
I never said it was your fault, I said I was going to kill you first THEN blame you!
-------
Even in death's embrace, a Seraph still soars
-------
The Black Dawn is coming.
-------
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 pm

MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:The Galagido are pacific island/south american natives... Norse mythology doesn't really fit in there ;)

...I KNEW IT! W00T!

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Puppettamer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:46 am

space marines vs space marines happen so why not