Concept Art- Galagido

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
Exin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Concept Art- Galagido

Post by Exin » Sun May 31, 2009 1:22 pm

In this thread I will post my concept art for the Galagido faction. It is foremost meant for my own fun, but if MWG decides to use any of it that would be awesome ofcourse.

When drawing the warrior I tought about a CC orientated, savage guy. He doesn't have alot of armor and will be taken down quitte fast by gun shots, but when he actually gets in close you are toast. He comes in fast and hard. When drawing him I didn't see the rules for the Galagido yet, so I didn't know they all use spears. Right now he is equiped with homemade swordaxes. I can easily change that though. He has a tribal tattoo on his right arm, probably meant to show his courage or strength to the gods. The lack of armor enables him to get in close fast, and can probebly be explained by his believe in the gods/magic that will protect him. I don't know, I am not here to make the fluff ;-) Hope you enjoy!

Galagido Warrior

Next thing up will be a Leader. Stay tuned!

Exin
Last edited by Exin on Sun May 31, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Concept Art- Galagido

Post by Fusebox45 » Sun May 31, 2009 1:30 pm

IMO it looks a bit too viking, I personnaly invision a more south american style kind of thing. But then again they could all be different all around the world.

Infardi
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Infardi » Sun May 31, 2009 3:55 pm

Wow Exin you are great at drawing.

Can i turn it into lineart and paint it for you? :)
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."- Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

"If your the last man standing, then your not fighting hard enough!"

Exin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Exin » Sun May 31, 2009 3:58 pm

From what I have read about them so far they are a druidic tribe believing in some kind of magic (tech) having tribal tattoos and believing in several gods. Doesn't sound like South America to me nor South Afrika. I thought you meant afrika instead of america since I don't see what amerika has to do with spears, but correct me if im wrong.

Exin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Exin » Sun May 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Sure infardi, Im curious to see what you make of it =)

dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by dingpong » Sun May 31, 2009 5:28 pm

they should be more Celtic since they believed more in magic then the vikings but still a great drawing
480 - Space Marines (i'm nooby i know)
Welcome To Pwnation
http://www.youtube.com/shadowmarinearmy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Infardi
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Infardi » Sun May 31, 2009 5:32 pm

:D Thanks Exin, here is the line art i made of your drawing. I'm gonna colour it in now.

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."- Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Exin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Exin » Sun May 31, 2009 6:16 pm

looking good so far Infardi! Though his right eye looks a bit off and the tattoo on his chest looks like its cut in half, wich was actually meant to be one piece. But those are ust small things. Also I might change this drawing into having a spear later this week, so you might have to make a new one :?

Black-Napalm
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Black-Napalm » Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Fusebox45 wrote:IMO it looks a bit too viking, I personnaly invision a more south american style kind of thing. But then again they could all be different all around the world.
there is no such thing as too Viking :wink:

Silvester10528
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Silvester10528 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Sorry, pet peeve of mine...

Dingpong,

The "Vikings" were Celts!
"Viking" is a VERB, not a race or tribe. It means to travel and pillage, taking what ever you can get your hands on: treasure, food, slaves, etc...

The classic "Vikings" were primarily Danish Celts that went on a viking because of a poor harvest (probably because of a draught). The classic viking era relativiely ended on October 4, 1066 at Stamford Bridge in England (about a week to ten days before the Battle of Hastings on October 14) when King Haroild Godwinson slaughtered hundreds (if not thousands) of maruaders who had aligned themselves with Harrald Hardrada and Godwinson's brother, Tostig. The "vikings" showed up at Stamford Bridge expecting the inhabitants of a nearby town to surrender at dawn (basically with no armor), they found the King's army in full kit - the battle took ALL day!!

"Vikings" were basically farmers who played pirate when the crops sucked or they got really bored...

The Celts are a group of people who migrated from central Europe (Germany) to northern Europe (The Netherlands, Denmark, Hollland, etc...) and then to England (more in the north - Scotland, but also the west - Wales and south - the Brettons) and then Ireland.

Sorry for the diatribe, but it's one of those things that gets under my skin...

Black-Napalm
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Black-Napalm » Sun May 31, 2009 11:44 pm

thanks for the needless info i already know :?

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:00 am

I never knew that... Sid Meier lied to me! :evil: The Celts and the Vikings were 2 different civs.

About the guy... I imagine him without the helmet or the beard with a kroot type rifle.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Exin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Exin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:01 am

I might change the helmet around to a wolfshead (skin) wich seems to fit their fluff better also. Without the helmet it doesn't look like a viking that much. Beard is staying though, I can't picture real men caring about their appearance too much when everyday is a struggle for survival. Besides it kinda fits their wolvieness I guess.

Infardi
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Infardi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:52 am

After long and hard hours, and problems. I finally did it, here is the finished Galagido Warrior as drawn by Exin. Really proud of it :D

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:16 am

thats just awsome nice work both of you hope MWG aproves