MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: what are the viechels

Postby Fusebox45 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:04 pm

There aren't any as of yet.

dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby dingpong » Sun May 31, 2009 5:19 pm

they would probably be like Humvees or halftracks or even possibly tanks (though they could just pwn the battlefield)
480 - Space Marines (i'm nooby i know)
Welcome To Pwnation
http://www.youtube.com/shadowmarinearmy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

AlexDemille
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby AlexDemille » Sun May 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Or in more urban environments it'd be sedans and flat bed trucks w/ modifications like more armour and gun mounts.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby Fusebox45 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:31 pm

Like the pickup trucks the rebels used in the beginning of Terminator 2.

Black-Napalm
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby Black-Napalm » Sun May 31, 2009 8:36 pm

Fusebox45 wrote:Like the pickup trucks the rebels used in the beginning of Terminator 2.

i was just thinking the same thing :D

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby Fusebox45 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:45 pm

And because it's bugging me: Vehicles, not Viechels.

Silvester10528
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby Silvester10528 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:03 pm

Along the lines of vehicles..

If I have a truck with a driver, passenger and unit of 5 marines in the back/bed and the vehicle stops for everyone to get out. The marines can exit the bed over the sides or out the rear and and the driver and paasenger end up on either side of the vehicle...

This could blast any concept of unit cohession with half the team on either side of the vehicle.
Do the driver and passenger automatically attach themselves to the marine squad or can they each become independent characters or can they become a squad of their own?
Can the marine squad be split across the bed and as a passenger (probably the seargent)?

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby Fusebox45 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:28 pm

I'd assume all vehicle crew can't get out of their vehicles. And if the truck is destroyed, then the crew dhes with it.

AlexDemille
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby AlexDemille » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:27 am

Silvester10528 wrote:Along the lines of vehicles..

If I have a truck with a driver, passenger and unit of 5 marines in the back/bed and the vehicle stops for everyone to get out. The marines can exit the bed over the sides or out the rear and and the driver and paasenger end up on either side of the vehicle...

This could blast any concept of unit cohession with half the team on either side of the vehicle.
Do the driver and passenger automatically attach themselves to the marine squad or can they each become independent characters or can they become a squad of their own?
Can the marine squad be split across the bed and as a passenger (probably the seargent)?

Well if you count this as a skirmishing game that would be fine. As squads that does not work unless either the unit moves as well as exiting, bails in a circle around the truck or has a large unit cohesion.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:50 am

Pick-up trucks, dune buggies, and motorcycles would be more likely than tanks. Just for kicks, imagine that only 1 in 1000 vehicles still worked properly. It's easy to find 1000 cars or trucks and locate the one that works - but try finding 1000 tanks to browse through ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Exin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Postby Exin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 am

I think a conversion of an ork truck could work really well. Specially when that 'protect the convoy' scenario is actually gonna happen.

Infardi
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby Infardi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Hmm, maybe during the event or after it someone was developing a machine that can traverse heavy terrain. Hell, in a middle of nature strikes back i would like to have a machine that can survive heavy terrain, maybe someone finds an old earth traversing machine, upgrades it with a few extra pieces here and there and there's your vehicle.
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."- Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

"If your the last man standing, then your not fighting hard enough!"

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Jaman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:51 pm

MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:Pick-up trucks, dune buggies, and motorcycles would be more likely than tanks. Just for kicks, imagine that only 1 in 1000 vehicles still worked properly. It's easy to find 1000 cars or trucks and locate the one that works - but try finding 1000 tanks to browse through ;)

you just have to go to the right part of russia =]

dingpong
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby dingpong » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

jaman wrote:
MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:Pick-up trucks, dune buggies, and motorcycles would be more likely than tanks. Just for kicks, imagine that only 1 in 1000 vehicles still worked properly. It's easy to find 1000 cars or trucks and locate the one that works - but try finding 1000 tanks to browse through ;)

you just have to go to the right part of russia =]
ROFLMAO that was hilarious
480 - Space Marines (i'm nooby i know)
Welcome To Pwnation
http://www.youtube.com/shadowmarinearmy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Return to “Primal Horizon Main Discussion”