PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:36 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

what are the viechels in the game

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:04 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

There aren't any as of yet.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:19 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

they would probably be like Humvees or halftracks or even possibly tanks (though they could just pwn the battlefield)

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:16 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Or in more urban environments it'd be sedans and flat bed trucks w/ modifications like more armour and gun mounts.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:31 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Like the pickup trucks the rebels used in the beginning of Terminator 2.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Fusebox45 wrote:
Like the pickup trucks the rebels used in the beginning of Terminator 2.

i was just thinking the same thing :D

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:45 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

And because it's bugging me: Vehicles, not Viechels.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:03 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Along the lines of vehicles..

If I have a truck with a driver, passenger and unit of 5 marines in the back/bed and the vehicle stops for everyone to get out. The marines can exit the bed over the sides or out the rear and and the driver and paasenger end up on either side of the vehicle...

This could blast any concept of unit cohession with half the team on either side of the vehicle.
Do the driver and passenger automatically attach themselves to the marine squad or can they each become independent characters or can they become a squad of their own?
Can the marine squad be split across the bed and as a passenger (probably the seargent)?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

I'd assume all vehicle crew can't get out of their vehicles. And if the truck is destroyed, then the crew dhes with it.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Silvester10528 wrote:
Along the lines of vehicles..

If I have a truck with a driver, passenger and unit of 5 marines in the back/bed and the vehicle stops for everyone to get out. The marines can exit the bed over the sides or out the rear and and the driver and paasenger end up on either side of the vehicle...

This could blast any concept of unit cohession with half the team on either side of the vehicle.
Do the driver and passenger automatically attach themselves to the marine squad or can they each become independent characters or can they become a squad of their own?
Can the marine squad be split across the bed and as a passenger (probably the seargent)?

Well if you count this as a skirmishing game that would be fine. As squads that does not work unless either the unit moves as well as exiting, bails in a circle around the truck or has a large unit cohesion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:50 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Pick-up trucks, dune buggies, and motorcycles would be more likely than tanks. Just for kicks, imagine that only 1 in 1000 vehicles still worked properly. It's easy to find 1000 cars or trucks and locate the one that works - but try finding 1000 tanks to browse through ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:09 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

I think a conversion of an ork truck could work really well. Specially when that 'protect the convoy' scenario is actually gonna happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:31 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Hmm, maybe during the event or after it someone was developing a machine that can traverse heavy terrain. Hell, in a middle of nature strikes back i would like to have a machine that can survive heavy terrain, maybe someone finds an old earth traversing machine, upgrades it with a few extra pieces here and there and there's your vehicle.

"If your the last man standing, then your not fighting hard enough!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:51 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:
Pick-up trucks, dune buggies, and motorcycles would be more likely than tanks. Just for kicks, imagine that only 1 in 1000 vehicles still worked properly. It's easy to find 1000 cars or trucks and locate the one that works - but try finding 1000 tanks to browse through ;)

you just have to go to the right part of russia =]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

jaman wrote:
MiniWarGamer Mike wrote:

you just have to go to the right part of russia =]
ROFLMAO that was hilarious

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.