Large creatures.

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
Boon
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Large creatures.

Post by Boon » Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Now I realise there is a lot of Fluff and rule expansion to be had between now and final publication.
BUT
it would seem to me that a large creature would need a handler of some kind, logically at least. In a dead world where survival is king, wild creatures aren't going to join a warband an go a-pillaging for kicks. they'd likely be captured and trained and have a handler...
theBoonarmies.blogspot
check it out...
new post 2/12/2011

blackvaultz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Large creatures.

Post by blackvaultz » Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 pm

hmm good idea but i think seeing as how its in beta they wont be working on taht for about a month or so
THE CAKE IS A LIE

Thecrazydwarf
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #7

Post by Thecrazydwarf » Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Well an alien large creature leader or some sort of human giant would not need to have a rider.
All my posts are written on my ipod touch.
The eleventh commandment: go, and make terrain!
"When in doubt, attack." - General George Patton

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:07 am

Some maybe, not all is my answer.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Sun May 31, 2009 6:31 am

Would a feral mexican wrestler be classified as a large creature? He would eat his handlers.

I see a 600pt model on the horizon... and its very primal.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Exin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Exin » Sun May 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Well, the acid rain mutates animals right...? What about an elephant that didn't die of the mutation? I could see the bandits/nomads taming some of them/ brainwashing them with some kind of tech.

Damn Lucky
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Damn Lucky » Sun May 31, 2009 4:21 pm

Couldn't Calvary be considered a Large Creature? I could see more of the less tec factions, and more tribal factions making use of horses.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:52 am

Exin wrote:Well, the acid rain mutates animals right...? What about an elephant that didn't die of the mutation? I could see the bandits/nomads taming some of them/ brainwashing them with some kind of tech.
Armor plated war elephants. I like.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Infardi
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Infardi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm

You got to think further in the future, a disaster happened. Humans are no longer rulers of the world, animals start regenerating in bigger numbers and they survived because of their natural instinct for survival in dangerous enviroments.

They evolve, they grow, to get more prey which is also adapting they start getting bigger. Bam you have your large creature, a giant cougar.
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."- Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

"If your the last man standing, then your not fighting hard enough!"

WikingKorps
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by WikingKorps » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Yeah, a cougar with heavy armour on it charging at your forces. That would be brutal.