Job Opportunities?

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Job Opportunities?

Post by Asrodrig » Wed May 20, 2009 1:53 am

What sort of job opportunities are going to be available for the MiniWarGaming community? Painting figures a la 'Eavy Metal Team? Or modeling figures, perhaps?

Frozt
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Job Opportunities?

Post by Frozt » Wed May 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I dont think they plan to have job opportunities on the forums, namely as they're in Canada.... but, would be a nice dream to get paid to help them out :shock:
VC w1/L0/T0
Orks w3/L1/T1 (darn weedy gitz *lost to eldar*)

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Wed May 20, 2009 2:09 pm

That's the dream of any painter. I also asked Matt a while ago about painting commissions for them but he said (understandably) that they like to keep things inside their own circles. Hence why all shopmembers are mods of this forum.

There are probably enough people who like to paint their Primal Horizon miniatures for free (including me), just to say to others: heck! I painted those! I painted the first cast miniature of it!
The biggest reward would be keeping the miniature:P But I can't hope for such things, nor paint for them as they'll have good enough painters around there.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:13 am

Yeah, to paint PH miniatures (short for Primal Horizon), I cant explain what a feeling that would be.
I mean, I would sit 10 hours detailing it, at least.

But then they would have to ship one mini (or more :mrgreen: ) to me in Sweden, and I wont pay shipment. :mrgreen:

Ultraravens
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ultraravens » Sat May 30, 2009 3:48 am

If anyone actually wanted a job, they would probally require to go to The actual club, and talk to Matt/Dave in person.
Which one is better, Ultramarines or Bloodravens,

Both!!!

OnyxBlade159
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by OnyxBlade159 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:05 pm

I would love to work for MWG. that would be insane!

lol
I never said it was your fault, I said I was going to kill you first THEN blame you!
-------
Even in death's embrace, a Seraph still soars
-------
The Black Dawn is coming.
-------
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

wegopro
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by wegopro » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:42 am

Remember, my web staff and I are looking for people that are interested in a job in sculpting, concept art, and fluff for our miniature game that will be released in the future. Of course you wont be ACTUALLY PAID, but you would get the joy of being part of our team and personally designing this game we are creating. We are literally just starting, and in our web creation stage, but if you would like to be OFFICIALLY part of our team, email me at wegopro@gmail.com and we'll set ya up with a spot. Also, you dont have to live close to here, we have a club , but its private. This group is online, and our forums will be up very soon.
PS: You have to be SKILLED at sculpting or to go in that sort of job. Anyone can join the fluff/background part.

Thanks,
Zach

Now for the topic answer. MWG already has staff at their local club and is probably not looking for staff.
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
RASTAFORIANISM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Byadingy!!!!
Rude Boy Livin in a Shanty Dorm!

Armageddon
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Armageddon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:35 am

wegopro, i dont really like the fact that you r advertising on another groups web forum but it did catch my eye :mrgreen: :!:

so i will email when i get to my home computer coz im at school atm, yes i am only 15 years old but i am very mature for my age (when it comes to things like this anyways)

just to know r there any jobs left for the fluff and/or backgroud? i would love to make backgroud stories and fluff for a faction :mrgreen:
A good friend helps you up when you tip over, A best friend laughs and trips you up again :D
CPP wrote:Go full scale. :wink:
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

wegopro
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by wegopro » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Yes, I just brought up the topic because it was for job opportunities. I am not really advertising because the site isnt even up and I am not saying ANY details about any story, art, model, or anything about our group. Please email me your details (name, email, desired job(be specific), etc.) no adress or phone numbers please. You will not get paid, but you will get benefits and we will explain once we get further into this project.
Byadingy!!!!

Armageddon
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Armageddon » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 am

just so i know where in the world are you?
A good friend helps you up when you tip over, A best friend laughs and trips you up again :D
CPP wrote:Go full scale. :wink:
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

wegopro
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by wegopro » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:19 pm

California.
Byadingy!!!!

kknight25
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by kknight25 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:55 am

Me getting paid for a job at MWG? No way. I'm a kid. Mike knows all the programing and coding, which i also do. His older, and more experienced. I can take Dave's future job. The vids, LOL. Or maybe in a section of MWG's weekly mag. Just like GW's White Dwarf! Yeah what a great idea!!!

Making their own paints, they'll need a scientist. What I'm wanting to become in the future!

Dallen49
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Dallen49 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:12 am

A Luna wrote:Hence why all shopmembers are mods of this forum.
not true! my name is not green and there are quite a few that frequent MWG more then me that are not mods

Blood Angel 1
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Blood Angel 1 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:04 pm

kknight25 wrote:Me getting paid for a job at MWG? No way. I'm a kid. Mike knows all the programing and coding, which i also do. His older, and more experienced. I can take Dave's future job. The vids, LOL. Or maybe in a section of MWG's weekly mag. Just like GW's White Dwarf! Yeah what a great idea!!!

Making their own paints, they'll need a scientist. What I'm wanting to become in the future!
Doubt you know everything mike does :wink:

Allurea
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Allurea » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 pm

kknight25 wrote:Me getting paid for a job at MWG? No way. I'm a kid. Mike knows all the programing and coding, which i also do. His older, and more experienced. I can take Dave's future job. The vids, LOL. Or maybe in a section of MWG's weekly mag. Just like GW's White Dwarf! Yeah what a great idea!!!

I find it hard to believe that you are a programmer since you didn't even mask your links in your sig ;)
If there isn't a zombie in the bathtub, it's not a zombie apocalypse!