Primal Horizon Main Story (work in progress)

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
Khornate
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Re: Primal Horizon Main Story (work in progress)

Post by Khornate » Thu May 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Am I One of them Matt? I Wanna Be A "Special" Character :wink:
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

buzzxf
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by buzzxf » Fri May 29, 2009 1:11 am

Question: Were there people living on the moon? You know everybody thinking nukes would fly.
Oh, crap a giant spaceship.

"Put one BIG GUN wit nother BIG GUN and wat do ya get? Duh, a BIGGER GUN. Even umies know dat."
Big Mek Shroomy

theRetardUndead
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by theRetardUndead » Sat May 30, 2009 5:14 pm

i like the gameplay movies that you made, keep it coming
Im lookin' for da danish playaz' to start da club!
woot!!!!! no danish 'umies?!!!!
''And Satan walked into heaven, and God said: OMG WTF WALL HAX''

14ascheck
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by 14ascheck » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Somebody may have already said this; I didn't read the whole thing, but 50 million people seems like to small a number. I know it's supposed to be semi-post-apocalyptic, but 50 million would be stretched pretty thin. However, this could be explained by saying, (as you did in the fluff,) that whole areas like Canada were wiped clean off the map. Still, for 50 million to inhabit the world and still fight regularly, (which is obviously necessary, since this is supposed to be a tabletop game,) you might need more than that.

Otherwise, AWESOME WORK. I can't wait to see where it all goes in the end. When are you going to start with the miniatures?
Tyranid Hive Fleet Tempest - 2,700 Points and growing...
Tau - 176 points (Slow but steady...)
92% of teens (and 'young folks') have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

zuzu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by zuzu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:35 pm

well... somthing around 500 million was left after the event. it went to down to around 50 million in the 1st 20 years afterwards. the table top game takes place 50 to 60 years after that, so some thousands more could have come up. they arn't fighting that regularly either, just on occasion when the seperate factions (or same factions) run into each other. also,at most only a dozen die in a battle.
Chaos Space Marines--4,000pts
Chaos Daemons--1750pts
Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

14ascheck
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by 14ascheck » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:57 pm

Oh yeah, I keep thinking 40K. We've been playing 300 point games mostly, so I am in a larger overall mindset than maybe I should be.
Tyranid Hive Fleet Tempest - 2,700 Points and growing...
Tau - 176 points (Slow but steady...)
92% of teens (and 'young folks') have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Puppettamer
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Puppettamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:36 pm

good stuff keep it up, hope to see more videos come p in the near future.

Loota
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Loota » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:16 am

When are you going to add more to the story?
"Loota, the little goody-goody boy who likes to stay on-topic and only plays Orks because they make him feel like a bad-butt"-Jombo

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

locbot
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by locbot » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:06 am

If such a humongus amount of electro-megnetic distruption occured, the electro-magnetic waves may even distured the moons electro-magnetic field or other planets at most cossing a huge impact on the moons orbit and mass and as we all know, if the moon is shaken off its axis it could potentially hit Earth. This would destroy everything although there is the alternitive that it hits Mars or Mercury potentially throwing them off their orbit of the sun hitting other planets or the sun. The sun burn out if such mass would hit it.

The Event wouldn't just change Earth as we know it, but the entire universe.
Spacemarines-1750
Death Guard-WIP
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
FEAR THEM!
/\___/\
(^(oo)^)

LOCBOT, AWESOME INCARNATE

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:18 am

It's actually pretty unlikely that the moon would hit the earth. The moon's orbit around the Earth actually forces it farther away so the moon would go away from the Earth, not towards.

The thought that the moon could throw a planet out of orbit is also ridiculous. The chance of the moon hitting another anything is one in an umpteenth of a trillion's billionth.

Then, considering that if you take the sun and it takes about one half of the paper up, the moon would be represented by a single pixel on the page if that. So I doubt the moon would extinguish the sun.

Also, it would only change our solar system, the universe consists of quadrillions of galaxies and each galaxy may contain millions of solar systems. In the grand scheme of things, the event would be to the universe as a single molecule of dust would be to us.

-Ramblings of Ashran the Mad.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:59 pm

locbot wrote:If such a humongus amount of electro-megnetic distruption occured, the electro-magnetic waves may even distured the moons electro-magnetic field or other planets at most cossing a huge impact on the moons orbit and mass and as we all know, if the moon is shaken off its axis it could potentially hit Earth. This would destroy everything although there is the alternitive that it hits Mars or Mercury potentially throwing them off their orbit of the sun hitting other planets or the sun. The sun burn out if such mass would hit it.

The Event wouldn't just change Earth as we know it, but the entire universe.
You sir, hav eno idea what you're talking about. You cannot change an objects mass, mass is constant, no ammount of "electromagnetic disruption," will change that. It also has nothing to do with in orbit, that is dependent on gravity, which in turn dependent on mass.

Also, do you have ANY idea how far Mercury or Mars is?

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Fuse Box is actually right. I think the moon is here to stay. And one other thing, the sun would not burn out if a planet hit it any more than a campfire would go out if you threw an ant in.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:12 pm

ALSO: A single star burning out would mean dittle squat to the universe, there are millions upon millions of stars in the universe. They burn out all the time.

Also without the sun, we'd have no heat, and would plumit into an iceage that NOTHING, no plant, animal, or human being, could survive.

Okay, back to building my stairway to heaven.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:10 am

:D
I liked the story :D
(and i found the explanationf for "biostorms", but they should be limited to only certain areas (usualy where there are the remains of industry which still might hold some secrets of technology before the event)... unless you want the entire world to become dead planet :S )

But... huh! I liked the story :D
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

shamethemus
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by shamethemus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:53 pm

thats amazing for an hour it took like half an hour just to read, I'm very exited to see the new concept art or minitures
the old world shall burn and a new will arise from its ashes

24 hours in a day 24 models in a lotr box set, coincidence?