Primal Horizon Main Story (work in progress)

Discuss MiniWarGaming's new game here.
Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Primal Horizon Main Story (work in progress)

Post by Apa1994 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:47 am

theRetardUndead wrote:'course not! like, when was the last time you experienced MWG throw a project away?
"Creation of an endless swarm", the apocalypse movie (I think lost all video to it), junkyard terrain contest (I dont remeber a winner for that contest) and a lot more. :mrgreen:

rabidgerbil
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by rabidgerbil » Tue May 26, 2009 10:13 pm

I really enjoyed reading your storyline background into the game.

My ideas:

1) downplay the mad max apoc thing a bit. I think that will limit your player base. You have so many wonderful factions to develop, don't just make them all scavengers fighting over a left over bone.

2) A REASON TO FIGHT. be it religous wars, or for food, water, resourses... rare things that promote power, people don't tend to fight for fight sake, but for a purpose.

3) avoid the super uber figure faction trap. Everyone wants the super soldier, but you make a game breaker figure and it will sell a lot of figures for a short time, and then kill your game. study the limits of your probibilities, and when you start needing older figures to roll 12 all the time on 2d6 mark that as the end of your game. People who were loyal to your game will feel cheated and you will loose them as customers.
Thus says the Rabidgerbil
Hey pal, can you spare a Warjack for a vagabond Warcaster down on his luck?

wegopro
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by wegopro » Wed May 27, 2009 2:02 am

Check out the game: advanced wars:days of ruin for the nintendo ds. It's
Almost exactly what your trying to go for.
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
RASTAFORIANISM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Byadingy!!!!
Rude Boy Livin in a Shanty Dorm!

theRetardUndead
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by theRetardUndead » Wed May 27, 2009 8:56 am

about the mailing list MWG has created for this.

who came up with the idea, i kinda think it was me but dont really remember..

also, was it posted here on the forum?
Im lookin' for da danish playaz' to start da club!
woot!!!!! no danish 'umies?!!!!
''And Satan walked into heaven, and God said: OMG WTF WALL HAX''

Kolchis
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Kolchis » Wed May 27, 2009 11:37 am

A very well done story line, with a lot of room to expand your ideas too. :)

the other thing i was wondering was if the miniatures your sculpting will be available in the UK for people like me? :?

Armageddon
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Armageddon » Wed May 27, 2009 11:47 am

same here, i wanna be able to play this game in the UK coz i sounds awesome :(
A good friend helps you up when you tip over, A best friend laughs and trips you up again :D
CPP wrote:Go full scale. :wink:
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Kolchis wrote:A very well done story line, with a lot of room to expand your ideas too. :)

the other thing i was wondering was if the miniatures your sculpting will be available in the UK for people like me? :?
I think that MWG hasn´t thought too far ahead at the moment, but I doubt they will let us in europe suffer from high shipping! :evil:

Rhedd
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Rhedd » Wed May 27, 2009 2:33 pm

I thought the original fiction was great, there are so many options for storyline and factions.

An idea that I thought would fit perfectly is huges pockets of plagued humans. Not mutants but more along the lines of the "zombies" from the "28 days later" movies. Rabid people who drift and wander, savagely killing anything they find. Obviously a very close combat oriented army but it could make for some very cool looking mini's and a type of "horde" race that could field close to double the models that other races do.

With the population dropping from 500 billion to 50 billion, part of that could've been caused by decease that caused these effects in survivors.

Also a pirate type faction, seafarers who can make their way further inland because of newly formed rivers created by the earthquakes. They steal and pillage for survival.

Both seem to fit in with your fluff and could use alot of fleshing out. But both could be very dynamic factions for the game.

Firestorm3050
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Firestorm3050 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:45 pm

I personally have never really had much exposure to post-apocalyptic fiction, so I am really finding it interesting to explore at the moment.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but i stopped reading at about the end of the second page.

To bring back up the topic of the shift in the magnetic poles. Is it possible to have them periodically continue to shift? Maybe even shifting to random places on the planet and with the frequency and speed of the shifts changing. This is sure to create periodic havoc with navigation and electromagnetic systems/storms.

goldenspears
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by goldenspears » Thu May 28, 2009 2:17 pm

I can't wait till it comes out! :D :D :D

Will you be selling the minis on the online store? :? :?

Silvester10528
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Silvester10528 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:01 pm

I like the zombie idea, but then you start to encroach on Secrets of the Third Reich (an alternate history mini's game that uses the idea of the Nazi'a using zombie creating gas during WWII and other created mythical beasts like werewolves).

The idea of the 28 Days Later "Rage Virus" negates any concept of an organized force... Maybe that would work with a Deep Strike like scattering placement and no HQ/Leader class.

The "virus" thing also smacks of Resident Evil...

It's kinda hard to not walk down the paths of Shadow Run or Gamma World with your fluff, those games covered a lot of ground!

Allurea
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Allurea » Thu May 28, 2009 3:37 pm

I am going to make this very clear.

There will be NO ZOMBIES!

Just in case you all hadn't gotten that point yet.

It saddens me, but we can leave them for another game :P
If there isn't a zombie in the bathtub, it's not a zombie apocalypse!

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Thu May 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Hmmm 500 billion people would be just a bit too many people for earth, just a bit

And if there were 50 billion left, it just wouldn't fit for a scaterred remains spread far and few. 50 bill is over 10 times the amount we got now and we are kinda crowded
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

Armageddon
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Armageddon » Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Andypenguin wrote:And if there were 50 billion left, it just wouldn't fit for a scaterred remains spread far and few. 50 bill is over 10 times the amount we got now and we are kinda crowded
we they could have stuff like cloud city in star wars and underground tunnel systems or somthing
A good friend helps you up when you tip over, A best friend laughs and trips you up again :D
CPP wrote:Go full scale. :wink:
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Thu May 28, 2009 8:14 pm

I don't know where you are getting 50 billion from. Only 500 million survived, and then only 50 million survived the following few years.

Matthew