25 point Khador list build

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Ryan
Gold Vault Member

25 point Khador list build

Post by Ryan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey guys, I've recently decided to put all the bits and peices of khador I have together to form a list, my goal is 25 points (For the MWG Doubles Turnament in which I will be teamed with Cam's Cryx) and only have a bit of wiggle room as far as new units.

Curently I have:

WarCasters

pVlad (Only caster I have used so far)
eVlad
Sorscha (alt?)

Warjacks
Destroyer

Units
13 Khador Winterguard
-Winterguard UA

6 Doom Reavers

2 Grey Lord Terions
(Thinking of using as a Grey Lord & a Kolden lord)

5 Man-O-War Bombardiers

Solos
1 counts as Wardog (Reaper mini)

So far I have been planing to pick up

1 Berzerker (Works very well with Vlad)
Kovnik Joe (WG Deathstar)
1 Rocketeer (And convert 2 more for WG Deathstar)

So my end lists would look somthing like-

pVlad
Berzerker
Full Death Star
(10 man WG, UA, 3 Rockets, Joe)
full unit of Bombardiers

Total: 25pts

Some variations could be switching the Bombardeirs for a Destroyer and Kolden lord jack marshall.

pVlad
Berzerker
WG DeathStar
Destroyer
Kolden Lord

Any help would be great, thanks!
-Ryan Guzowski
9000 points points of Imperial Smurf Marines!!!!
Yay a full company!
4000pts of Empire

Bigbul
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: 25 point Khador list build

Post by Bigbul » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 pm

The first list you posted is actually at 23 points. My personal suggestion for a list would be something near what you have, but with the addition of another unit.

pVlad
Berserker
Max WG
WG UA
Two Rocketeers
Kovnik Joe
Min unit Bombardiers
Great Bears

Basically I've dropped the Bombardiers to a min unit, cut out one Rocketeer and added the Great Bears. With signs up The Great Bears will be at 5d6 with the lowest dropped on the charge, rolling a minimum of 16 and a maximum of 36 on damage rolls, and that's not to mention the extra attack they'll get from back swing if you opt in for it - that will net you far more damage than the extra rocketeer and the two bombardiers.

The Great Bears are seriously nuts, they are a little bit awkward running now with the new errata for backswing, but they are hard pressed not to kill anything they want on the charge.

If you can't afford to add the great bears, and are strictly running what you have I'd do something along this line.

eSorscha
Destroyer
Wardog
Max WG
3 Rocketeers
WG UA
Kovnik Joe
Doom Reavers
Doom Reaver UA

In this case obviously just use Sorscha as eSorscha and one of the Ternions or the Koldun lord as a stand in for the Doom Reavers UA. Sorscha runs WG REALLY well, but her special Warjack bond will kind of fall flat with the Destroyer.
“I would rather have a good plan today than a perfect plan two weeks from now.” - General George S. Patton

Ryan
Gold Vault Member

Post by Ryan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks! I'll check out the great bears and try both lists :mrgreen:
-Ryan Guzowski
Yay a full company!
4000pts of Empire

Ryan
Gold Vault Member

Post by Ryan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 pm

I've been thinking and I really am starting to like the eSorscha list. She definatly runs WG alot better than Vlad, I'm not sure on the doom Reavers though. Would switching them out for a Berzerker and a Kovnik be worth it?
-Ryan Guzowski
Yay a full company!
4000pts of Empire

Bigbul
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Bigbul » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Ryan wrote:I've been thinking and I really am starting to like the eSorscha list. She definatly runs WG alot better than Vlad, I'm not sure on the doom Reavers though. Would switching them out for a Berzerker and a Kovnik be worth it?
It could be worth it. I've never been a fan of Marshaling a Kovnik to anything other than a Destroyer. What are the problems you are running into with the Reavers?
“I would rather have a good plan today than a perfect plan two weeks from now.” - General George S. Patton

Ryan
Gold Vault Member

Post by Ryan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm trying to visually fit them into a list I would run and keep finding that they would out pace everything else by a fair bit, the winter guard would be doing alot of cover hopping or aiming and my destroyer would be siting back with Scorcha behind the WG, though the doom Reavers could always move up with my Allies Cryx. I was thinking the Berzerker would fill sort of the same role but be a bit tougher and soak up more shots, the kovnik could boost hit attack and DMV rolls for free avoiding the big bang. I'm going to see if I can get a game in wednesday and try it in practice, Thanks!
-Ryan Guzowski
Yay a full company!
4000pts of Empire