It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Hey everyone, I've noticed that Miniwargaming has been doing a lot more of Warmachine/Hordes, and was wondering about it. I was wondering if Warmachine and Hordes could go together or if they are two different games, and how do they fit together fluff wise. Also if you could give me a bit of history on the game and/or armies I would be greatful. Thanks.

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:00 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
both games are interplayable. Big difference is in Warmachine, the casters generate focus to allocate to their battle group, and in Hordes, the beasts generate Rage that the caster can use.

The game is pretty balanced, FAQ'd recently, and now has a mobile app with all the faction cards on it (though you will have to pay for them) but it will also have the rules, including the most recent FAQs to keep the game balanced.

The history of the game is long and slightly complex. I would say go to battle college (essentially a wiki site dedicated to warma/hordes) to read up on faction over views and the narrative of the game.

But it is also a cut throat game and losing will happen. It is intense, and brutal. Your nicely painted models might die faster than 40k...

...and that's when the Page 5 rules come in. Don't know 'em? Google it ... its more fun to discover it on your own lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Hello there! Warmachine and Hordes are two separate games produced by a company called Privateer Press. They both take place in the same world at the same time. Warmachine is there to represent the more civilized/industrialized nations of the setting, whereas Hordes is there to represent the more primal/bestial side of the setting.

Both games are fully interactive and for the most part require only one rulebook.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
warmachine and hordes are two different sets of factions of Warlocks and Warcasters, Warbeasts and Warjacks and they connect together to make one solid system.

Gatormen 170 points
Dwarves 261 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points