Got Rules Questions? Ask 'Em Here WM/H Edition!

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Mattman154
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Re: Got Rules Questions? Ask 'Em Here WM/H Edition!

Post by Mattman154 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:13 pm

No, a special attack is used instead of all initial attacks. If you're a warjack, you can make a special attack and buy more normal attacks.

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by ArqArturo » Sun May 06, 2012 12:27 pm

So from my understanding, in a normal round, a warjack with three focus gets:

1.- movement (no run or charge) for free
2.- one normal attack for free
3.- Charge/run for focus (from my understanding these remove the free movement and normal attack).
4.- extra attacks/power attacks/special attacks for focus.

Another question. A Destroyer uses his bombard to attack an group of enemies (let's say Mechanithralls), the AoE of the Bombard is 3, I use a focus to boost the attack roll on one of the mechanithralls, and I hit. Does the extra dice of the boost apply to the other attack rolls, or does it apply to the first target?.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Mattman154

Post by Mattman154 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm

You only need to make one ATTACK roll when firing an AOE weapon. Any models under the template are automatically hit.

But you would need to boost individually for damage.

Also, to your warjack question. Note you CANNOT buy a special attack or a power attack with focus. For numer 2, you get all the initial attacks on your card even if you charge.

If I charge my slayer in to a warjack, the slayer gets the one charge attack, plus the attack with his other claw, plus the headbutt. After those three attacks have been made, he can purchase more normal attacks.

Craaag
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Craaag » Mon May 21, 2012 9:18 am

1- Full Advance for free

*Some Warjacks/Warbeasts can run or charge for free, it will always be stated on the back of a models card if it can do this.

2- All initial Melee OR Ranged attacks for free

3-Charge/run costs 1 Focus*

* The charge attack is 1 of your initial melee attacks listed on card. After the charge the model can use it's other initial attacks for free. Only the first charge attack has boosted damage.
* The charge attack can be a special attack that is listed under the weapon used for the charge special * Attack eg. Thresher. If you do this the model loses it's other free initial attacks if it had multiple weapons as if it were making a special attack.
*Some Warjacks/Warbeasts can run or charge for free, it will always be stated on the back of a models card if it can do this.

4-purchase extra attacks with focus after making Initial attacks OR a special attack OR a Power attack

sicarius777
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by sicarius777 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 am

I have so many questions first dose a critical hit roll of doubles only count on the hit or the damage as well, dose consuming a whelp use any of your movement or action and when throwing a model at another model do you always roll for scatter or do you roll RAT to hit the intended model with the thrown one

Flindo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 pm

sicarius777 wrote:I have so many questions first dose a critical hit roll of doubles only count on the hit or the damage as well, dose consuming a whelp use any of your movement or action and when throwing a model at another model do you always roll for scatter or do you roll RAT to hit the intended model with the thrown one
1. only counts on the hit
2 cosnuming a whelp is a free action that diretrolls can do, unless your moving to a whelp to do it.
3. I am pretty sure to throw a model you do a strength test.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

sicarius777
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by sicarius777 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 pm

so let me make sure I have the throwing mechanics correct you roll to hit and then you roll a strength test adding 1 die 6 if you have to open fists if you are successful in beating the targets roll you then roll for distance and direction and that determines where he lands

sicarius777
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by sicarius777 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Dose the defending model gain the bonus for having two open fists

RedDragon924
Gold Vault Member

Post by RedDragon924 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:53 pm

You only use 2 d6 in the strength test if you're doing a two handed throw. The thrown model doesn't get a 2nd d6 if it has 2 open fists. How far you can throw the target is your model's strength divided by 2, no rounding.

two handed throws can choose a target, which if it's in range, you roll a melee attack on it. If you miss or it's out of range, do deviation rolls, centering on the target if it was in range and you missed. If it hits, move the thrown model towards the target until their bases hit, then follow rule of least disturbance.

Otherwise, you choose a direction you want the thrown model to go that has it going away from your model, move it the entire distance you can, then roll for deviation. If it lands on any models, rule of least disturbance again. Instead of a d6 for the distance in the deviation rolls, it is a d3.

The thrown model and any models that the thrown model's bases contact at it's landing point take collateral damage.

sicarius777
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by sicarius777 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:35 pm

awesome thanks for the info i think i have got it

sicarius777
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by sicarius777 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:18 pm

1 can sorscha move then cast boundless charge on herself and move again from the boundless charge fallowed by a action in this case melee attacking

2 can a warcaster use a feat, any number of spells as long as they have the focus to spend, and attack in the same turn

3 how dose the unites work in the way of movement and attacking can they do all the same things as warjacks and warcasters except they dont need focus such as run, charge, throw, slam, push, trample, ect and dose the same go for hordes

4 are models automatically hit if they are under a blast or spray template or do you have to roll to hit each model under the template

5 do warcasters and warlocks need to use focus/fury to make special attacks and movements
Last edited by sicarius777 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sicarius777
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by sicarius777 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:25 pm

if i throw a model with a two handed throw at another model and the range comes short dose the model still get thrown or dose the throw fail or do i just move the thrown model in the direction of the target model then roll for deviation and can it deviate further possibly hitting the intended target such as i rolled a four in direction then a d3 in distance

Mattman154

Post by Mattman154 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:54 pm

sicarius777 wrote:1 can sorscha move then cast boundless charge on herself and move again from the boundless charge fallowed by a action in this case melee attacking

2 can a warcaster use a feat, any number of spells as long as they have the focus to spend, and attack in the same turn

3 how dose the unites work in the way of movement and attacking can they do all the same things as warjacks and warcasters except they dont need focus such as run, charge, throw, slam, push, trample, ect and dose the same go for hordes

4 are models automatically hit if they are under a blast or spray template or do you have to roll to hit each model under the template

5 do warcasters and warlocks need to use focus/fury to make special attacks and movements
1. Assuming you meant Wind Rush, not Boundless Charge, yes, she can advance as normal, cast Wind Rush, and then make attacks.

2. Yes.

3. Units can only receive the Run or Charge order. All the models in a unit must use the same order. If you declare your unit is charging, models in that unit may also Run, but they do not get an attack. If a model is unable to run (Just stood up this turn, etc) then it may advance it's normal SPD.

4. All models under the template are considered hit.

5. No. A special attack is made in lieu of a models initial attacks. A non-warjack model cannot make Power Attacks, such as slams or tramples unless it has a special rule.

To elaborate on the special attacks, let's assume Sorscha has the special attack Thresher. She can use Thresher in place of her normal melee attack. After that is resolved, she can buy normal attacks with focus. She CANNOT buy another Special Attack.
sicarius777 wrote:if i throw a model with a two handed throw at another model and the range comes short dose the model still get thrown or dose the throw fail or do i just move the thrown model in the direction of the target model then roll for deviation and can it deviate further possibly hitting the intended target such as i rolled a four in direction then a d3 in distance
That's a good question. That section of the book seems a bit clunky, I would post it on the Privateer Press rules forum.

sicarius777
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by sicarius777 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:34 pm

TY mattman i just read the ability boundless charge and i see where it says { when it charges} my friend has the khador starter box and he moved 6 then cast boundless charge the attacked me but now i see that, that was a illegal move but i assume that u can cast a RNG 6 spell on yourself as long as it dosent say OFF Yes?

Mattman154

Post by Mattman154 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Correct!