Got Rules Questions? Ask 'Em Here WM/H Edition!

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Mattman154
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Re: Got Rules Questions? Ask 'Em Here WM/H Edition!

Post by Mattman154 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 pm

RedDragon924 wrote:Correction, Mattman, if it's the warcaster who's dying, then his/her jacks become inert. They become autonomous if it's their controlling jack marshall who's killed.
Yea that one

Flindo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Mattman154 wrote:
RedDragon924 wrote:Correction, Mattman, if it's the warcaster who's dying, then his/her jacks become inert. They become autonomous if it's their controlling jack marshall who's killed.
Yea that one
what about warbeasts? because I think my Trolls will reach 100 points before my Khador.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Mattman154

Post by Mattman154 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Flindo wrote:
Mattman154 wrote:
Yea that one
what about warbeasts? because I think my Trolls will reach 100 points before my Khador.
Hmm, I'm thinking of this off the top of my head so I might be wrong, but I believe the warbeasts will just disappear. That's what it does for Lesser Warlocks at least.

Craaag
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Craaag » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:40 pm

The warbeasts become wild. So ya they will run away but technically they are on the table.

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Craaag wrote:The warbeasts become wild. So ya they will run away but technically they are on the table.
? becoming Farrel only makes them do a single attack against the closest model in their line of sight that I can recall, I am pretty sure you never completely lose control of your beasts.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Craaag

Post by Craaag » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:28 pm

No you're thinking of when they overload on Fury and freak out for a round, when they fail a threshhold check they Frenzy which only affects them 1 round.

I was referring to when a controlling warlock is actually killed and the Warbeasts are still on the table. Normally it's game over anyways but in a 2 player game the ally warlock is still alive. If the other warlock is of the same faction it could always try to gain control of a warbeast that went wild.

m14
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by m14 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Trollblood question:
If I have a Troll Whelp behind a big beast (Mauler for example), does the Mauler have to spend any fury to eat him to regain wounds? I say no as he doesn't if he wants to take away fury. Oh and is the Mauler able to do it despite the Whelp being in his back arc? Again, I think so, just wanting to check...

Mattman154

Post by Mattman154 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:26 pm

m14 wrote:Trollblood question:
If I have a Troll Whelp behind a big beast (Mauler for example), does the Mauler have to spend any fury to eat him to regain wounds? I say no as he doesn't if he wants to take away fury. Oh and is the Mauler able to do it despite the Whelp being in his back arc? Again, I think so, just wanting to check...
Alternate Food Source- If this model is within 1" of a friendly Faction warbeast during the warbeast's activation, the warbeast can remove this model from play to heal d3 damage points.

No, also LOS is not a requirement, so it can be in the beast's back arc.

m14

Post by m14 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Mattman154 wrote:
Alternate Food Source- If this model is within 1" of a friendly Faction warbeast during the warbeast's activation, the warbeast can remove this model from play to heal d3 damage points.

I'm guessing the same thing goes for the rule "Comfort Food"...

Mattman154

Post by Mattman154 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:57 am

m14 wrote:
Mattman154 wrote:

I'm guessing the same thing goes for the rule "Comfort Food"...
Correct

m14

Post by m14 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks mat! That clarification just makes Whelps super awesome.

Sparks
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Sparks » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Haven't come across this much yet but now that I'm trying out pCaine I'd just like a clarification.

Caine's card lists Spellstorm Pistol x2, with a Rate of Fire 2. This means (with 3 focus to buy extra shots) I can make a total of 4 shots with Caine during his normal activation correct?
Wasted Focus
Veteran of Warmachine Weekend 2011
"I would suggest listening to Sparks, hes like a wizard" ~ Paladin-Zebra

Mattman154

Post by Mattman154 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:34 am

Correct, but you would only need to spend two focus. Because he has two of those pistols, each one gets an initial attack before needing to buy additional.

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Here's something that's been eating me up for these past months.

A warjack in a warcaster's battlegroup, does he need a focus for every single action(charging, power attacks, special attacks in his description? Or does moving, basic attacks (melee and range, or both if they can), and free attacks can work for free?.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Craaag

Post by Craaag » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 pm

The only thing Warjacks need focus for is Charging, running, and any 1 power attack. There are a few exceptions to this but these will usually be listed on the Warjacks card (like some charge for free = Aggressive).

So a Warjack needs only 1 Focus to charge something. if it reaches the charge target it gets to use 1 of it's initial attacks as a charge attack, this attack has boosted damage if it hits. It may then use any of it's remaining initial attacks (other melee weapons) as normal attacks for no other Focus cost. If it has additional Focus it may boost these at the cost of 1 Focus per boost.