should I keep this game

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

should I keep this game

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:39 am

Background: I currently live in an area with virtually no Warmachine. I will be here another year. So it has been more than two or three years since I have played. I originally picked up WM to play with my son, but he just didn't get into it like 40K and a couple of other games...not to mention all the games on steam. Anyway, as my game shelves grew, I had to start trimming, so sold off my convergence, retribution and protectorate. I have been hanging on to my small painted khador and a huge pile of cryx that I never got to painting. Which leads me to my questions:

Are old armies still viable in the new ruleset or will I have to pick up new stuff to play in the new meta?
I WM still a popular game most places in the states. Will likely be moving to either DC or San Antonio next.
What would I need to get started again (current collections posted below)?
Why should I hang onto the models? I want to get excited for it again, but with so many games and so much to paint, having a hard time.

Khador

Sorscha
Grigorovich
Destroyer
Juggernaught
Winterguard (8) with 2 rocketeers
Widowmakers (5)
Widowmaker marksmen
Man-o-war (5)
War Dog
Wreck Markers

Cryx

NIB

Blackbane's Ghost Raiders
2 X Blackbane's Ghost Raider Grunts (2 grunts each for total of 4)
Black Ogryn Boarding Party
Captain Rengrave
Machine Wraith
Witch Coven of Garlghast and the Egrogone
Helldiver Bonejack
Goreshade
Master Necrotech Mortenebra And Dryliss
Revenant Crew of the Atramentas
Revenant Cannon Crew
Soulhunters
Desecrater/Harrower Leviathan
Scarlock Thrall
Iron Lich Asphyxious

Primed
Revenant Crew with 3 riflemen
Mechanthralls (6)
Bile Thralls (6)
Pirate Queen Skarre
War Witch Siren
War Witch Denegra
Canckerworm
Deathripper X2
Scavenger
Defiler
Slayer Helljack
Leviathan
two bonejack wreck markers
helljack wreck marker

Accessories
softcover book
Cryx token set
Witch Coven token set
Epic queen Skarre token set
Lich Lord Asphysioux token set
Denegra Token set

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: should I keep this game

Post by genso6 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 pm

I know that while WH/40K is pretty much king around DC, but if you head just north of there there are TONS of LGS where Warmahordes is sold and regularly played. I'd have gotten to it by now myself if people in my immediate gaming group played
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:10 am

Yeah, I think I will keep them for now. At least until I give the new rules a try and I get back to the states. I do enjoy painting the models.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:37 am

So I decided to keep it. I painted up some bile thralls last night

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Those look really cool Nappen! Glad to see you are still doing Warmachine after the past few years. I wish we still lived like an hour from each other, i would be more than willing to play if i could.
Happy Wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 am

Great to see you back on line.

I will probably be moving back to the DC area next summer.

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Oh I see, might have to try and meet up with you then at some point to play a game or two. And thanks, its interesting being back ^^
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII