So is warmachine just dead at miniwargaming now?

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Catulle
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: So is warmachine just dead at miniwargaming now?

Post by Catulle » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:11 am

MWGQuirk wrote:Hey guys. Just here to give some clarity. Warmachine and Hordes are still going to be posted regularly. At this time I'm currently working on a narrative for future battle reports to help spice up the videos and hopefully add some extra enjoyment. Please be patient with me as this game doesn't lend to well to alterations or customization for games/characters. During this time I will still film regular battle reports until I have finalized the narrative. Thank you for your enthusiasm and love for the game :) makes me happy to see people are still passionate about MWG covering this awesome game and I will do what I can to not disappoint.
Good to hear; would I be right in thinking that you, too, are waiting for Privateer to release more info on their in-house campaign system?

Regards,

Barry

mindmazing

Post by mindmazing » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 am

Thanks, quirk for the clarification!

sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by sonofkitrinos » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:21 am

MWGQuirk wrote:Hey guys. Just here to give some clarity. Warmachine and Hordes are still going to be posted regularly. At this time I'm currently working on a narrative for future battle reports to help spice up the videos and hopefully add some extra enjoyment. Please be patient with me as this game doesn't lend to well to alterations or customization for games/characters. During this time I will still film regular battle reports until I have finalized the narrative. Thank you for your enthusiasm and love for the game :) makes me happy to see people are still passionate about MWG covering this awesome game and I will do what I can to not disappoint.
So this was jan 23 and we are now feb 4 and no WMH...quirk you're hurting me!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

Vilacom

Post by Vilacom » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:33 am

It' great to hear from Quirk that warmahordes will be continuing on MWG, I have to ask though if the narrative campaign is the route to go? I get that it worked for 40k but it seems like the more popular podcasts and batreps for warmahordes focus on competitive 50 point play. I know for me my favorite series(which only barely got off the ground) was road to the SOO with the actual list breakdowns a discussions, reasons specific models were included in the list, etc.

I dont mind watching the stuff that is posted but its just a little disheartening to see something like Exulon Thexus going up against Mohsar with a woldwrath in a caster kill scenario, the instant i see the lists my only thought is "Well unless Quirk screws this up royally he should absolutely crush this guy"

Now, I'm not saying every game has to be Haley2 vs Skarre1 hyper competitive tier1 casters every time but when I listen to matt talk about how what makes money needs to be the focus and thats the reason for the massive amount of 40k/30k content I have to wonder if part of the reason warmahordes is lagging so far behind is because the videos being made simply arnt appealing to the kind of people who prefer warmachine over 40k

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Well, they are getting more Focused Fury videos these days :)
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

DavicusPrime
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by DavicusPrime » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:40 pm

GW still has the most market share so you're gonna see more of their games getting the love at MWG.com. it's a shame more folks aren't making MWG.com quality vids for other games. As it would be pretty nice for folks who are in different locals with more diverse meta's to pick up the slack and get more games the attention they deserve. Matt, Dave and their minions can't be expected to cover everything given the demographics of their location.

I would love to see folks out there do some copycat action and build up Malifaux, Relic Knights and Warmahordes.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page