There's a first time for everything: PP Online Store

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

There's a first time for everything: PP Online Store

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

So I got some bits to assemble a Grolar, and I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous for the next reasons:

They just gave me an email that says that my order has been shipped, and gave the USPS code and all, but, when I look at the tracker, it says the following:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified on 18 de marzo de 2015 to expect this package for mailing. This message does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Please be advised tracking is not available for this product.

I'm nervous because Mexico's post services is slooooow as molasses. That and the uncertainty of tracking the package, which is also something I'm wary. The last thing, and it's more of an annoyance, really, is that my work schedule doesn't let me to receive the package in person. Either way, if all goes well, I'll end up assembling a Grolar during Easter.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: There's a first time for everything: PP Online Store

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 pm

What that likely means, is that Privateer Press has generated the tracking number with USPS and paid for the shipping, but USPS hasn't actually picked up the package yet. We ran into this a lot at the MWG store - we'd mark an item as shipped when we processed it with Canada Post, which sent the tracking number to the customer, but Canada Post wouldn't have any information in their system until they picked up the package and scanned it at their depot, which could be hours later or even the next morning.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: There's a first time for everything: PP Online Store

Post by ArqArturo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:32 am

I think you're right, as of this morning the package started going through the mail system, and I was pleasantly surprised it's been recently registered in the Mexican Post Service even before it got to Customs, which is the first time I see this happen :).

Now I just need to clean up the warjack body from all that green stuff O.o
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Return to “Warmachine and Hordes”