Legion of Everblight Army List - (E)Lylyth 50 Points

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Gandiva
Now we're getting somewhere...

Legion of Everblight Army List - (E)Lylyth 50 Points

Post by Gandiva » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:29 am

Hey guys!

I'm just looking for some advice and opinions on the army list I created for Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight. Please keep in mind that I am very new to the game, so I am simply trying to generate some discussion so I can learn from your thoughts and opinions. Thanks for the help!

(E)Lylyth (+5)
-Succubus (2)
-Ravagore (10)
-Ravagore (10)
-Naga Nightlurker (5)

Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1)

Strider Deathstalker (2)
-Strider Rangers + UA (9)

Annyssa Ryvaal (4)
-Blighted Nyss Raptors (6)

Blackfrost Shard (5)

I really wish that (E)Lylyth was +6 points, because I would cut the shard for a Bolt Thrower. However, as it stands, this is my 50 point list. Let me know what you think.

Gandiva

Re: Legion of Everblight Army List - (E)Lylyth 50 Points

Post by Gandiva » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:19 am

I am still looking for advice on this topic.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:31 am

I *really* want to offer some feedback, but I haven't played a game in so long that I probably count as a new player again.

You've basically picked most of my favourite models though; I've had a lot of success with the Raptors, Deathstalker, and Ravagores in the past, and I just love the sculpts on the Blackfrost Shard and Naga.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Gandiva

Post by Gandiva » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:00 am

The only major issues that I can see with this list is that it lacks any substantial melee threat. I am also worried that I have too much anti-infantry.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 am

I've had some success with the Raptors as a melee unit, given that they have Weapon Master and the mount gives an additional POW+2 hit. They're definitely better as a harassment unit though, with their 18" move or 9"-attack-5" turn. This is definitely overall a very shooty list, so you're going to have to compensate for the lack of real melee presence by using the Ravagores' Scather to block enemy paths or Blackfrost's Ice Cage to lock down specific targets.

With so much shooting, you'll want to pop Lylyth's feat early in the game while you still have almost all of your models, and either go for an early game assassination, or take down any serious melee threats before they reach you.

If you can get Blackfrost's Ice Cage on a key target in the feat turn, the target counts as DEF 5 for the turn, meaning all that shooting the rest of the force does is close to auto-hit.

Remember that a Stationary model has no Melee range and is never considered engaged in combat - meaning that you can also use Ice Cage to take an enemy model OUT of melee, freeing up a unit they might have engaged. Of course, you're then firing into melee... so be confident that you'll hit if you try to pull that off ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.