Culture of the Ironkingdoms

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Culture of the Ironkingdoms

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:35 pm

While the world of warmahordes is various shades of grey I have noticed that there are often factions that are either counter balances to each other and then there are similar in culture but very different when there are differences. The Protectorate of Menoth and the Circle of Oroboros are an example of counter balances. The PoM are highly religious, *extremely* unsutle in their approach to doing their tasks and want to spread their religion and culture across Immoren. The CoO on the other hand don't worship Orobos but more work for him in a sense. Unless they have no choice but have direct conflict they tend to be more subtle...in the sense of people not always sure if it was them or a fluke storm or plague. Lastly while the Circle would love it if everyone was more like them they don't directly force anyone to, they'd rather manipulate others. Nor do they want to make anyone else worship the Wurm in any form.

Khador and the Trollbloods are example of factions with similar cultures. Both have proud warrior histories. Both have a disadvantage with technology compared to their rivals. Both like their warriors BIG. And both are looking for more land. Their differences lie in level of unity, and motivations for gaining more land.

So what about you guys ? Notice any of this in the fluff?

Sorry if I seem ranty just thought this was something we could discuss and debate.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Culture of the Ironkingdoms

Post by ArqArturo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:02 pm

I see a little bit of Trollbloods in the Llaelese resistance in that they've been pushed around by the big boys for some time, but that's about it.

Also, I think Cygnar has a lot to respond, when it comes to the Trollbloods.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Sklodo
Bronze Vault Member

Re: Culture of the Ironkingdoms

Post by Sklodo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 am

I a new to Warmahordes so i coud get things wrong but I think trollbloods had some kind of agreement with Cygnar (they supplyed them with some weapons and so on). But was ultimatly treated like one use only tool (there was a mention of wanting to use Trollbloods as a buffer between Cygnar and other nations?) and then for whetever reason they turn on them? I must read more fluff. :).